Text Size

Stardrive

4
  1.  
  2. Nick Herbert's paradox - my solution
    "We argue that the following three statements cannot all be true: (i) Hawking radiation is in a pure state, (ii) the information carried by the radiation is emitted
    from the region near the horizon, wit
    h low energy effective field theory valid beyond some microscopic distance from the horizon, and (iii) the infalling observer encounters
    nothing unusual at the horizon. Perhaps the most conservative resolution is that the infalling observer burns up at the horizon. Alternatives would seem to require
    novel dynamics that nevertheless cause notable violations of semiclassical physics at macroscopic distances from the horizon."
    Black Holes: Complementarity or Firewalls?
    Ahmed Almheiri,1* Donald Marolf,2*y Joseph Polchinski,3y and James Sully4*
    *Department of Physics
    University of California
    Santa Barbara, CA 93106
    We are outside objective black hole horizons whose Penrose diagram (no rotation) is
    https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxP-Xhgy7E25XJkzfz3Ul4VIpd7vI5NKE1HcbO17rdYHDy04oZSA
    In contrast we are inside our subjective past and future cosmological horizons that form the causal diamond.
    https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPgIpJhNz73AUqqa7ZZlSLiUrP6Fwm_n4IZ6FCszbNcO7Wa0T3
    Hawking & Gibbons show that Bekenstein-Unruh thermodynamics applies in both cases. So does Tamara Davis's PhD (2004 Univ New South Wales).
    http://stardrive.org/stardrive/images/stories/DavisFig1-1Hologram.jpg
    https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFxuJ0grFfMeEZ0OVXAyX6h6GTkrc9XROJJo2D2P5Aag1G2PmK
    However, in terms of Black Hole Complementarity the two situations are qualitatively different.
    (iii) must be true for our cosmological future event horizon because the latter is subjective relative to us in an undivided whole (Cramer transaction)
    https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkG8IoWQXTsqqQYJWg8Qna0sY8BTHwoMD3BLTiHdwVa1LKRaJsMA
    (iii) is essentially the Einstein Equivalence Principle
    (iii) however need not be true for the LIF geodesic in-falling observer to an objective black hole horizon.
    I think (ii) must be true in both cases.
Oct 25
Hey Jack. You see the more I read the paper on quantum information and computation, I can see a lot of resemblance to Wheelers Geometrogenesis - It is possible then that the equilibrium is in some sense, the same idea in Geometrogenesis which states our universe was extremely hot, and until the universe began to cool down matter appeared? This would be why the paper speaks about the ''heat death'' scenario in which we are trapped in.
Like ·
  • Gareth Lee Meredith But if that is true, how would it be possible to find a violation of the Born Rule if we are essentially trapped inside the low energy phase?
  • Jack Sarfatti You have confounded us being hologram images in a simulated virtual reality with the virtual particles of quantum theory. Same word "virtual" used with two different meanings - two different contexts.
  • Jack Sarfatti In fact our observable accelerating universe bounded by our past and future cosmic horizons inside the causal diamond is not in thermal equilibrium and it is not closed.
  • Jack Sarfatti Our past particle horizon infinite redshift surface for retarded waves that propagate from past to present is the future light cone of the Alpha Point of inflation, i.e. quantum vacuum phase transition releasing the energy of the hot Big Bang.
  • Jack Sarfatti Our future de Sitter horizon is the past light cone of the Teilhard de Chardin Omega Point. The Omega Point is about 64 billion years in Penrose's conformal time that is equal to an infinite amount of Einstein's proper time. The proper time clock is basically Galileo's pendulum or a simple harmonic oscillator. In contrast, the conformal clock is a Fabry-Perot interferometer each mirror at rest in the co-moving Hubble flow of the accelerating expanding universe - where the cosmic microwave background is maximally isotropic to one part in 10^5.
  • Jack Sarfatti Both cosmic horizons are quantum gravity computers.
  • Jack Sarfatti They are also observer-dependent because radiation is a nonlocal process - a Cramer transaction between future absorber and past emitter and the proper time of the real photon is zero. In the latter sense the connection is instant.
  • Jack Sarfatti There is no heat death in modern precision cosmology.
  • Jack Sarfatti If we can't time travel to the past then the end is in ice not in fire.
  • Jack Sarfatti http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_fate_of_the_universe
    en.wikipedia.org
    Theultimate fate of the universeis a topic inphysical cosmology. Many possible f
    ates are predicted by rival scientific theories, including futures of both finite and infinite duration.

 

Star Gate

 

 

 

Making Star Trek Real

 

 

 

Jack Sarfatti

 

 

 

 

 

Preface

 

 

 

I assume, as a working hypothesis, that UFOs are real mechanical craft of an advanced intelligence that has been interfering in our history perhaps since the beginning of our species. The Garden of Eden story, for example, would have been how pre-scientific humans, our ancestors, would describe their own creation by an advanced intelligence using genetic engineering. Similarly, for the immaculate conception of Jesus Christ that would be an example of human cloning with the Star of Bethlehem being a UFO.  This advanced intelligence is most likely from our future descendants who have mastered time travel and are creating themselves in what Russian physicist Igor Novikov has called a “globally consistent loop in time.”

 

 

 

The Pentagon’s DARPA with NASA has launched a “100 Year Star Ship” project. I was one of the first thirty “visionaries” invited to formulate it in early 2011 near Sausalito, California. The distances and the Einstein time dilations to the stars and beyond are too big for conventional rocket propulsion. The only way such a goal can be achieved is with low power Star Gate Warp Drive super-technology. The UFOs have such super-technology already in my opinion – and also in NASA astronaut moon-walker Edgar Mitchell’s opinion. We simply have to catch up and catch up quickly to avert the impending destruction of civilization in a perfect storm of primitive tribalism, climate-change[1], political incompetence and organized crime destroying the world financial system.[2]

 

 

 

I will also assume, as part of this “war game,” that the advanced intelligence piloting us has sophisticated EMP rendering our conventional weapons impotent and obsolete including mind-control much more powerful than that envisioned in the “Manchurian Candidate” for example. There have been profound advances in “presponse” experiments and the CIA SRI Remote Viewing experimentson the brain showing that conscious experiences act backwards in time exciting neural activity precognitively. We now understand this as “signal nonlocality” that violates orthodox quantum theory in the same way that Einstein’s 1916 General Theory of Relativity of the gravitational field violates his earlier 1905 Special Theory of Relativity. All of this will be explained in detail in this book. That is, orthodox quantum theory is a limiting case of a larger post-quantum theory that explains the “hard” mind-matter problem of how we have inner conscious experiences (aka “qualia”).

 

 

 

Finally, I will show that the “Hermetic” idea that our observable universe is alive and conscious in a piece of the cosmic landscape multiverse, makes perfect sense in the new hologram virtual simulated Matrix reality theory of Lenny Susskind, Seth Lloyd and others in a way that is consistent with the latest accelerating universe dark energy observations of precision cosmology. In fact, just as the cooled black body retarded radiation from the hot Big Bang comes from close to our past cosmic horizon, so does the dark energy come as advanced Hawking cooled black body radiation back from our future cosmic horizon. This basic idea was already found in the work of John Archibald Wheeler and Richard P. Feynman at the start of World War II.

 

 

 

I am a “lazy dog” and I don’t want to waste time reinventing the wheel on the orthodox mainstream physics needed for you to get even a glimpse of what we must do in order to survive and fulfill our Manifest Destiny in our Matrix Reality. Therefore, I will refer the reader to easily accessed Wikipedia articles some of which I will modify to suit my objectives. Wikipedia got off to a rocky start especially in my case where my numerous enemies and detractors used it to make me look much more eccentric and out of the box than I am. It has gotten much better in recent years especially due to a secret group called “Slim Virgin” who totally changed the formerly libelous distortions about me into an accurate picture the last time I checked. Of course, MIT physics professor historian David Kaiser’s book “How the Hippies Saved Physics” has helped immensely. I am the most cited person in the index of that book which has been reviewed in all the major media including The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Nature, Scientific American, American Scientist, Physics Today et-al. Now that we have saved physics, it is time for us in true Super Hero style to save the planet! ;-)

 

 

 

 

 

 


[1] I am not endorsing the view that climate-change is primarily man-made here. It may be mostly caused by changes in the Sun’s activity. Whatever the cause, it is happening.

[2] September 15, 2008 collapse of the sub-prime mortgage bubble with global repercussions and a $16 trillion US Debt (much of it from our Iraq and Afghanistan wars of course).

 

 

From quantum field theory we know that matter comes in two distinct forms real and virtual with qualitatively different effects on measurements. Virtual matter is inside the quantum vacuum in the form of zero point energy. Real matter forms are excited states outside the quantum vacuum. Technically, there is a tight constraint between energy, linear momentum and rest mass for real matter that is broken for virtual matter. If we ignore gravity then we can get away with ignoring virtual matter and sweep it under the rug to a great extent with the exception of small radiative corrections like the Lamb shift of spectral line in atomic hydrogen and the Casimir force between uncharged flat closely spaced conducting plates of metal. However, we cannot do so when we include gravity because then even virtual matter must warp spacetime in order to obey Einstein’s equivalence principle. It turns out that virtual light in three dimensions of space must anti-gravitate the way the dark energy accelerating the expansion of space in our observable universe does. Oddly enough, virtual electron-positron pairs in three dimensions must gravitate the way dark matter does. We will come back to this fascinating clue. However, the physics changes in unexpected ways if space is reduced to two dimensions. In fact, this is the case for both our observer-dependent past and future cosmological horizons that are spherical surfaces surrounding us at their centers. This gets us the idea that we are three-dimensional hologram image simulations projected from both our past and future two-dimensional horizons that are analogous to the hologram plates or “screens.” Indeed, MIT’s Seth Lloyd and others have argued that our cosmic horizons are quantum computers with us as the programs. This is a very crazy idea, but to paraphrase Niels Bohr to Wolfgang Pauli, is the hologram simulated reality idea crazy enough to be true? If so, it would give deeper meaning to John Archibald Wheeler’s “IT FROM BIT” provided we also add the inverse “BIT FROM IT” in an Oroborus “Law without law” “universe as a self-excited circuit” related to Novikov’s “globally self-consistent loop in time.” We will come back to this web of ideas when we also change “BIT” to “QUBIT.” The big problem here that Lenny Susskind calls the 800 lb gorilla in the room is that the dark energy density from virtual light in quantum theory is at least 120 powers of ten too big. My computation that the virtual light is maximally red-shifted advanced Wheeler-Feynman-Hawking black body radiation back-from-our-future cosmological horizon one Planck length thick solves that problem neatly using only orthodox mainstream elementary physics.

 

Although Einstein showed that space (-time) is warped (curved) by matter and the warping, in its turn, tells matter how to move in a two-way feedback loop, nevertheless, we will see in detail that Newton was correct that proper non-inertial accelerated motions are absolute deviations away from slower-than-light (timelike) inertial “geodesic” motions. The geodesics are the straightest paths in curved four-dimensional space-time. They can and do appear as curved orbits when projected down to three-dimensional space. Although, proper accelerations of objects are absolute essentially as Newton thought, the local laws of motion expressed as tensor differential equations from his calculus do not depend on the motion of the detectors that measure these motions. This is called the principle of general covariance. However, any theory of physics can be made “generally covariant.” However, Einstein’s General Relativity has a second independent idea known as the “equivalence principle” that a state of uniform proper acceleration, the same for all the particles in an extended object, cannot be locally distinguished from Newton’s gravity force. The key word here is “locally”. You know when you properly accelerate. You feel the g-force as “weight.” But we feel weight standing still here on the surface of Earth. Does that mean that we are continually really accelerating even though we are standing still? Yes, Dorothy, you are not in Kansas anymore. That’s the way it is in the topsy turvy curved spacetime we live in that defied common sense. We shall come back to this key idea of Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity of the gravitational field. In fact, we never feel a “gravity force” at all because in fact there is no such thing. What we feel as g-force are the quantum electrodynamic reaction forces needed to push us off a timelike geodesic in curved four-dimensional space-time. We are weightless on a geodesic as in the case of Felix Baumgartner’s Red Bull Stratos who was approximately in geodesic motion in the early part of his fall from the edge of Earth’s atmosphere thirteen miles up where and when air friction could be neglected to a good approximation. The space-time fabric warp (curvature) field is a dynamical field exactly like the electromagnetic field.  The curvature field consists in the patterns of neighboring geodesics that are influenced by local concentrations of energy, pressure and stresses of matter. Non-gravity forces pushing the test particles off their natural Aristotelian force-free geodesic motions cause Newton’s absolute proper accelerations of test particles of matter. Test particles are small pieces of low density matter that do not generate a self-gravity field to a good approximation as distinct from large and/or high density matter like the Earth that do generate significant amounts of spacetime curvature.

 

From: Jack Sarfatti <sarfatti@pacbell.net>
Subject: [ExoticPhysics] Nick throws in the towel ;-)
Date: October 20, 2012 6:30:07 PM GMT+01:00
To: Exotic Physics <exoticphysics@mail.softcafe.net>
Reply-To: "Jack Sarfatti's Workshop in Advanced Physics" <exoticphysics@mail.softcafe.net>

Whew that was close. :-)
Nice try Nick.
Good science.

Sent from my iPhone in London

Begin forwarded message:

From: nick herbert <quanta@cruzio.com>
Date: October 20, 2012, 5:38:44 PM GMT+01:00
To: Dean Radin <dradin@noetic.org>
Cc: "SarfattiScienceSeminars@yahoogroups.com com" <SarfattiScienceSeminars@yahoogroups.com>, Exotic Physics <exoticphysics@mail.softcafe.net>, jutts@uci.edu, Richard Shoup <rgshoup@rgshoup.com>, Dick Bierman <d.j.bierman@icloud.com>
Subject: Re: [ExoticPhysics] [Starfleet Command] Violation of orthodox quantum theory in the living brain: presentiment meta-analysis published
Reply-To: "Jack Sarfatti's Workshop in Advanced Physics" <exoticphysics@mail.softcafe.net>

Thanks, Dean--

Your graph #7 is just the (idealized) hypothesis I was trying to point out.
I was not aware that you had taken this possibility into account.

I stand corrected.

Your test on page 271 seems to be a more comprehensive way to exclude expectation bias than my N-1 test because it uses all of the data not just a small subset. But it might be interesting to look for the presence (or absence) of the N-1 presponse.

Nick

Obviously this point needs close attention from the experts. I am not one of them. ;-)

On Oct 20, 2012, at 5:20 PM, nick herbert <quanta@cruzio.com> wrote:

Because the hypothetical expectation bias is an increasing function of n, not only will excitation peak on the Emotional pictures N, this hypothesis also predicts a lesser peak on the Neutral picture M that just precedes each emotional picture--the picture I call N-1. In some cases N-1 will be an Emotional picture also. In this case you choose N-2. The expectation bias hypothesis predicts that If a data set shows a strong Radin Effect (presponse on the Ns greater than presponse on the Ms),
then the same data set will show a (weaker) Radin Effect on the N-1s.

I am surprised that there was not a big flurry of interest in the Robin hypothesis because it is a valid challenge to the presentiment experiment that has testable consequences.


On Oct 19, 2012, at 10:05 PM, Dean Radin wrote:

Can you describe what the N-1 effect is? I can imagine what that means, but I'd rather know for sure.

best wishes,
Dean


On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM, nick herbert <quanta@cruzio.com> wrote:
Thanks for the update. To your knowledge has the N-1 effect predicted by expectation bias
ever been tested?

More Recent Activity

Jack Sarfatti

16 minutes ago via Twitter
The Real Werner Erhard http://t.co/bOBzz6yJ


The Real Werner Erhard
lnkd.in
Letter in response to George Johnson’s review of David Kaiser’s “How the Hippies Saved Physics.”
Like · · @JackSarfatti on Twitter
Friends
4,224 Friends

Jack Sarfatti

31 minutes ago via Twitter
Dean Radin & Dick Bierman refute Nick Herbert's "Robinson conjecture"... http://t.co/CZ90YaDs


Dean Radin & Dick Bierman refute Nick Herbert's "Robinson conjecture" objection to precognition.
lnkd.in
Stardrive, ISEP, Internet Science Education Project
Like · · @JackSarfatti on Twitter

Jack Sarfatti All the details you need are here. http://stardrive.org/stardrive/index.php/blog/dean-radin-dick-bierman-refute-nick-herbert-s-robinson-conjecture-objection-to-precognition.html

Dean Radin & Dick Bierman refute Nick Herbert's "Robinson conjecture" objection to precognition.
stardrive.org
Stardrive, ISEP, Internet Science Education Project
30 minutes ago · Like · Remove Preview




Jack Sarfatti

17 hours ago near Marylebone, United Kingdom
Flying back to San Francisco Sunday. Six weeks abroad.
Like ·
Derek Cooper, Steven Sequeira, Teresa Tindal and 3 others like this.

Andrea Espelien Tinordi Jack, I Bless you in the name of Jesus!!
14 hours ago · Like

Derek Cooper Epic journey.
13 hours ago · Like


Places
78 Places
See All
10 Recent Places


Jack Sarfatti was at Soho and 9 other places.
See All Stories

Jack Sarfatti

17 hours ago via Twitter
Nick Herbert objects to claims of back-from-the-future pre-sponse in the brain.
http://t.co/7OkXKtLp


Nick Herbert thinks precognition is hogwash - bad statistical method. Who is right?
lnkd.in
Stardrive, ISEP, Internet Science Education Project
Like · · @JackSarfatti on Twitter

Gareth Lee Meredith I think what is hogwash, is to claim something without the proper investigation into the facts. The Military have for instance, spent great deals of money for instance, into training their men into ''precognitive phenomena.'' Ask, why then would something be hogwash when someone ''out there'' (the powers that be) have wasted all this tax-payers money. I know I said this before, but the work of Benjamin Libet also contributed greatly in his work concerning a retrocausal stimulus in patients skin reactions to electrical signals.
17 hours ago · Like

Jack Sarfatti Nick is saying it's possible to explain the data without back from the future effects. I don't understand Robinson's argument however. It seems like a shell game. But I have not put more than a few seconds into trying to understand it. Presumably Nick has.
14 hours ago · Like · 1

Gareth Lee Meredith I agree it is possible to explain the data without a retrocausal transaction, however, Einstein once said... as you will be well aware of Doctor... Keep science as simple as possible. I know of your investigations into backwards from future events, when taking all the evidence at hand, it is the simplest explanation.
14 hours ago · Like

Gareth Lee Meredith So... who is complicating things but Nick? He is right to question but without understanding all the facts, he is just a wild speculator... yet those who understand such things are single-eyed chicklets in the kingdom of the blind.
14 hours ago · Like



Likes
Recently
Likes

Physicists say there may be a way to prove that we...
io9

Brian Josephson safeguards historic contribution o...

Obama Makes Surprise Visit To Quantum-Branching Mu...
The Onion

London council set to remove ‘anti-Semitic’ mural...
Times of Israel App

Goodreads
Recently
Want to Read

Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, the Powerful...
by Russ Baker

Jack Sarfatti

19 hours ago via Twitter
http://t.co/JCqqkXUn


Bus Service for Qubits
jqi.umd.edu
Joint Quantum Institute - NIST/UMD
Like · · @JackSarfatti on Twitter

Jack Sarfatti

23 hours ago via Twitter
I uploaded a @YouTube video http://t.co/TCu01XFf Maggie Jones


Maggie Jones
youtu.be
Kensington Palace area London
Like · · @JackSarfatti on Twitter

Jack Sarfatti

Yesterday near Marylebone, United Kingdom
Breaking news - scientific evidence for precognition.
4Like ·
Theodore Silva, Stein Leirvik, Bernd Prager and 11 others like this.

Jack Sarfatti This is, in my opinion, more unequivocal statistics evidence for Antony Valentini's "signal nonlocality" http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0203049 in strong violation of orthodox quantum theory's several no-entanglement signaling theorems in living matter. This backs up CIA-SRI precognitive remote viewing reports most notably published by Russell Targ. That is, the statistical predictions of orthodox quantum theory are violated in this data in which a non-random signal is detected from a future cause. The past effect and future cause are quantum entangled in time but we do not need a classical signal key to unlock the encrypted message from the future.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dean Radin <dradin@noetic.org>
Subject: presentiment meta-analysis published
Date: October 18, 2012 1:31:10 AM GMT+01:00
To: JACK SARFATTI <sarfatti@pacbell.net>

http://www.frontiersin.org/Perception_Science/10.3389/fpsyg.2012.00390/full

Predictive physiological anticipation preceding seemingly unpredictable stimuli: a meta-analysis

Julia Mossbridge1*, Patrizio Tressoldi2 and Jessica Utts3
1Department of Psychology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
2Dipartimento di Psicologia Generale, Università di Padova, Padova, Italy
3Department of Statistics, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
This meta-analysis of 26 reports published between 1978 and 2010 tests an unusual hypothesis: for stimuli of two or more types that are presented in an order designed to be unpredictable and that produce different post-stimulus physiological activity, the direction of pre-stimulus physiological activity reflects the direction of post-stimulus physiological activity, resulting in an unexplained anticipatory effect. The reports we examined used one of two paradigms: (1) randomly ordered presentations of arousing vs. neutral stimuli, or (2) guessing tasks with feedback (correct vs. incorrect). Dependent variables included: electrodermal activity, heart rate, blood volume, pupil dilation, electroencephalographic activity, and blood oxygenation level dependent (BOLD) activity. To avoid including data hand-picked from multiple different analyses, no post hoc experiments were considered. The results reveal a significant overall effect with a small effect size [fixed effect: overall ES = 0.21, 95% CI = 0.15–0.27, z = 6.9, p < 2.7 × 10−12; random effects: overall (weighted) ES = 0.21, 95% CI = 0.13–0.29, z = 5.3, p < 5.7 × 10−8]. Higher quality experiments produced a quantitatively larger effect size and a greater level of significance than lower quality studies. The number of contrary unpublished reports that would be necessary to reduce the level of significance to chance (p > 0.05) was conservatively calculated to be 87 reports. We explore alternative explanations and examine the potential linkage between this unexplained anticipatory activity and other results demonstrating meaningful pre-stimulus activity preceding behaviorally relevant events. We conclude that to further examine this currently unexplained anticipatory activity, multiple replications arising from different laboratories using the same methods are necessary. The cause of this anticipatory activity, which undoubtedly lies within the realm of natural physical processes (as opposed to supernatural or paranormal ones), remains to be determined.

Wrong on last four words. The basic physics is understood.
Subquantum Information and Computation
Antony Valentini
(Submitted on 11 Mar 2002 (v1), last revised 12 Apr 2002 (this version, v2))
It is argued that immense physical resources - for nonlocal communication, espionage, and exponentially-fast computation - are hidden from us by quantum noise, and that this noise is not fundamental but merely a property of an equilibrium state in which the universe happens to be at the present time. It is suggested that 'non-quantum' or nonequilibrium matter might exist today in the form of relic particles from the early universe. We describe how such matter could be detected and put to practical use. Nonequilibrium matter could be used to send instantaneous signals, to violate the uncertainty principle, to distinguish non-orthogonal quantum states without disturbing them, to eavesdrop on quantum key distribution, and to outpace quantum computation (solving NP-complete problems in polynomial time).

Comments: 10 pages, Latex, no figures. To appear in 'Proceedings of the Second Winter Institute on Foundations of Quantum Theory and Quantum Optics: Quantum Information Processing', ed. R. Ghosh (Indian Academy of Science, Bangalore, 2002). Second version: shortened at editor's request; extra material on outpacing quantum computation (solving NP-complete problems in polynomial time)

[quant-ph/0203049] Subquantum Information and Computation
arxiv.org
Yesterday at 9:47am · Like · 6 · Remove Preview

Steven Sequeira Dean is "The Master". And Jack you're in your own area of expertise that's entirely unparalleled.
Yesterday at 9:52am via mobile · Like

Jack Sarfatti U got that right.
Yesterday at 9:52am · Like · 2

Jack Sarfatti I will see Dean and the others Nov 1 - Nov 4 in an undisclosed location within a few hours of Washington DC after BBC films me on all this in San Francisco next week.
Yesterday at 9:53am · Like · 2

Steven Sequeira I have all of this unique research in this area. But what do I do with it? Take it to Dean, Jack?
Yesterday at 9:55am via mobile · Like

Steven Sequeira I can get three grants. No Team.
Yesterday at 9:56am via mobile · Like

Steven Sequeira All original material.
Yesterday at 9:57am via mobile · Like

Steven Sequeira Brilliant work! Thank you!
Yesterday at 9:58am via mobile · Like

Derek Cooper Interesting.
Yesterday at 11:16am · Like

Marcus T. Anthony Shared!
Yesterday at 11:54am · Like

Gareth Lee Meredith Let's not forget the evidence and work of Benjamin Libet as well 23 hours ago · Like

Joe Silva I'm not going to say, "I knew you were going to say that," because that would be predictable.
22 hours ago · Like · 1

Theodore Silva 21 hours ago · Like

Jack Sarfatti http://stardrive.org/stardrive/index.php/blog/nick-herbert-thinks-precognition-is-hogwash-bad-statistical-method-who-is-right.html

Nick Herbert thinks precognition is hogwash - bad statistical method. Who is right?
stardrive.org
Stardrive, ISEP, Internet Science Education Project
17 hours ago · Like · 1 · Remove Preview

Gareth Lee Meredith Hard to say... depends if the math is right. For those who believe and have experienced precognitive phenomena, math doesn't say... mind my  french... shit.
17 hours ago · Like

Jack Sarfatti Yes, that is the point. Here science & religion overlap. Of course the Randi Forum will bend over backwards with tricky stats arguments to disprove Dean Radin's et-al's claims. But that's ok. I wonder how Dary Bem from Cornell will argue against Nick's invoking of Robinson's "hypothesis"?
17 hours ago · Like · 1

Nick Herbert Not bad statistics, Jack. You got it wrong again. But failure to examine a possible source of SYSTEMATIC ERROR first published, to my knowledge, on the JAMES RANDI site.
17 hours ago · Like

Gareth Lee Meredith Nick... how can you say it is ''wrong'' without studying the evidence and providing your own sufficiently?
17 hours ago · Like

Gareth Lee Meredith At least act like a scientist. Study the facts at hand.
17 hours ago · Like

Nick Herbert I'm not saying presentiment is wrong, Gareth, only that a plausible alternative explanation has not been given serious consideration.
16 hours ago · Like

Gareth Lee Meredith Well, what alternatives did you have in mind sir? There is only (up to a certain degree) how much evidence is required to believe in a theory. So again, what plausible explanation hasn't been considered seriously?
16 hours ago · Like

Gareth Lee Meredith For instance, what I find plausible, is Cramers Transactional Interpretation which could answer ''for a lot'' concerning how retrocausal signals can induce a persons mind to the state of seeing or knowing something before it happens... Do you sir, find that... plausible?
16 hours ago · Like

Nick Herbert What plausible explanation hasn't been seriously considered? Robin's escalating anticipation hypothesis as described on the Randi site. Have you looked at Robin's hypothesis? It's testable and does not invoke retrocognition.
16 hours ago · Like

Nick Herbert If you can think of a way to test the Cramer model, then people might take it seriously. The Robin escalating anticipation hypothesis, on the other hand, is easily testable.
16 hours ago · Like

Gareth Lee Meredith Cramers interpetation was tested via the Eraser Experiment... again Nick, how much evidence in hand is required?
16 hours ago · Like

Theodore Silva I am aware my experiences are useless to the scientific method but I have some questions: I've experienced precognition once – clearly so, I believe as judged by anyone who had experienced it themselves – an impressive period of a form of telepathic communication that lasted for months – with 100% accuracy. Both seemed serendipitous. I've heard the CIA trained people to remote view, is this true and how were they trained? How did their hits compare to their misses? I'm not yet convinced it can be taught.
15 hours ago · Like

Gareth Lee Meredith It is true, the Military in the US did in fact spend a great deal of money, training personal's to ''enhance'' if you like, the possibilities of psychics becoming useful in malicia warfare. How they where trained, I'd need to investigate again, because it has been a while since I read this report.
15 hours ago · Like

Gareth Lee Meredith All I can tell you, is you are not alone is precognitive phenomenon. There is real evidence, it's the proof which evades us.
15 hours ago · Like

Theodore Silva Thank you, Mr. Meredith:)
14 hours ago · Like · 1

Gareth Lee Meredith yw
14 hours ago · Like · 1

Eugenia Macer-Story Whp's the "scientist" now? Have they interviewed Oefipus Rex?
14 hours ago · Like

Gareth Lee Meredith who is Oefipus Rex? Rex is the latin word... I think for king... what do you mean?
14 hours ago · Like

Eugenia Macer-Story It is rather unbelievable that you would be on this list and not recofnize a reference to Oedipus Rex, a well-known character in classical Greek  literature. I suggext you consult basic references on the topic.
7 hours ago · Like · 1

Eugenia Macer-Story A famous scene in the classic Greek tragedy of Oedipus Rex is his meeting with the blind seer Tireseus who predicts he will kill his father and  marry his mother. Instead of honoring this possibility, King Oedipus roughs up the seer Tireseus and leaves the city in an attempt to avert this fate. By a series of co-incidences, however, he kills his father and marries his mother. This is an ancient theme. I was questioning "who, now" thinks this might be a new topic for verification.
7 hours ago · Like

Gareth Lee Meredith Greek mythology was never my strong point.
6 hours ago · Like

Marcus T. Anthony Gareth, did Libet have a belief in precognition and related concepts? I know he retained a belief in free will despite his experiments which are so  often used to refute its existence. I’ve wondered whether the neural activity which precedes decision making (according to his experiments) could be explained better if we assume time is not linear. Rupert Sheldrake believes that intention moves backwards through time (the Science Delusion). Did Libet believe something like this?
about an hour ago · Like · 1

Gareth Lee Meredith I don't know Libets full view on his interpretation, but I believe he claimed it to be evidence of a retrocausal decision making, which then begs the question whether time is linear at all. In general relativity, time isn't linear of course. In relativity, space and time compose the thing we call ''geometry''. So how can time be linear in this sense, which means we need to adopt a theory (Just like the Transactional Interpretation) - (including the idea's of Sarfatti) to explain how time is actually symmetric - offer waves and echo waves, one travelling forward in time another backwards in time. It seems like the most... simplest approach. The idea of retarded and advanced wave forms I think originally came from Maxwell in the electromagnetic theory he created. I am unaware of anyone before this first seeing systems work in this fashion. I can't comment much on ''how intention moves backwards on time'' rather I would say everything as we perceive is always stuck in the present moment. What we perceive may even be called a ''present sphere'' - the past and future are illusions to us mentally, but there is a lot of evidence to suggest that some how, everything is happening at once. I believe Fred Alan Wolf mentioned a similar idea - an idea which stemmed from the timelessness of General Relativity - this is the WDW-equation, you get that when you quantize the Einstein Field equations. Fred Wolf basically said, we are all flies stuck in amber...
55 minutes ago · Like

Gareth Lee Meredith So as you might guess... there are a lot of things one needs to consider when thinking about the nature of time itself. One one hand we have a  very tested theory, the transactional interpretation where ''signals'' may indeed oscillate through what we call time. On the other hand, we have General relativity which completely contradicts it with timeless solutions.
53 minutes ago · Like

Gareth Lee Meredith Fotini Markopoulou (A greek physicist) has done a lot of thinking on this subject. She thinks that space is not fundamental. The idea is quite good, but dates back to J. Wheeler. In Geometrogenesis, geometry did not appear in the universe until it had sufficiently cooled down, which means that neither space nor time can truly be fundamental... which might be a key to how to solve this contradiction/riddle of time itself.
40 minutes ago · Like

Gareth Lee Meredith If time is not fundamental, it would actually explain why General Relativity (which is a classical theory) admits timeless solutions. Perhaps time is only important when observers come into the show of things. Again, this all goes back to the Observer Effect. Inside our minds, we perceive time because of a gene regulator, there are in fact two gene regulators inside our brain which controls your short duration and long duration perceiving of time. Perhaps time, echo waves and offer waves and all these discussions leads right back to what the observer is all about, an intelligent recording device which is helping shape the universe by our observations - (Not a new idea by any means) - but is often classed as out-dated because there is of course decoherence, the idea that the human being is not a special observer, that particles themselves act as observers. I certainly don't dispute this fact (which was proven in... I think in the 1990's by Alain Aspect). I just don't think we should be too quick to throw out the importance of the human observer.
34 minutes ago · Like · 1

Marcus T. Anthony I've explored consciousness for twenty years through meditative and visionary experience (never touched a drug). For my small contribution, I can say that consciousness is not confined to the brain, space has no effect on projections from mind to mind (just as many experiments in parapsychology suggest). But there are multiple layers of both body and mind (including the brain), and they appear to cross multiple 'dimensions' (don't know what better word to use). Precognition and presentiment are genuine, and I have had many such experiences. What I have seen is that emotional attachment is key to both precognition and telepathy. Again, this is also pretty well known in parapsychology. So from a personal perspective I am very happy to see physicists like Jack and parapsychologists like Dean Radin doing this kind of work. They are definitely on the right track.
17 minutes ago · Like · 1

Gareth Lee Meredith I know many people have speculated on whether the mind is ''inside the brain'' but I often say how could it not be? Fred Hoyle once said... and  I am working from memory here so it might not be an exact quote, but he said along the lines ''Don't mind matter, but matter is the mind.''
12 minutes ago · Like

Gareth Lee Meredith Of course, Fred Alan Wolf makes some excellent arguments that there is in fact only one mind, and a universal consciousness and that no one can actually locate a single place where ''consciousness'' is inside the brain.
11 minutes ago · Like

Gareth Lee Meredith The idea there is only one consciousness was mathematically proven by Bass... I think Amit Goswami also came up with the idea independantly of the paper alongside two other physicists, unfortunately, I don't remember their names.
10 minutes ago · Like

Gareth Lee Meredith That's Ludvic Bass by the way, he was a student of Schrodinger.
8 minutes ago · Like

Jack Sarfatti Nick has since softened his opinion expressed above before Dean Radin & Dick Bierman responded to him. As I am in London working on a book with  Clive Prince & Lynn Picknett and leaving soon, I do not have time to focus in on the Robinson objection. However, Dean & Dick are well aware of it and I think have given a good response to Nick. This is like the debate on Bell's theorem. Nick is doing a good job to find loop holes in the precognition interpretation of the presponse data. My money is on precognitive signal nonlocality as described for example by Russell Targ in the case of the Chinese Nuke and Ingo Swann.
6 minutes ago · Like · 1

Gareth Lee Meredith Maybe he's coming around to the idea then 3 minutes ago · Like

Jack Sarfatti Nick would like it to be true. He is just acting as a good physicist should. It's important to play Devil's Advocate - the Grand Inquistor.


On Oct 19, 2012, at 12:18 PM, JACK SARFATTI <sarfatti@pacbell.net> wrote:


On Oct 19, 2012, at 9:18 AM, Jack Sarfatti <sarfatti@pacbell.net> wrote:



Sent from my iPhone in London, Kensington Palace Gate area

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dick Bierman <d.j.bierman@icloud.com>
Date: October 19, 2012, 4:30:34 AM GMT+01:00
To: nick herbert <quanta@cruzio.com>
Cc: "SarfattiScienceSeminars@yahoogroups.com com" <SarfattiScienceSeminars@yahoogroups.com>, Dean Radin <dradin@noetic.org>, , Richard Shoup , Exotic Physics <exoticphysics@mail.softcafe.net>
Subject: Re: [ExoticPhysics] [Starfleet Command] Violation of orthodox quantum theory in the living brain: presentiment meta-analysis published
Reply-To: "Jack Sarfatti's Workshop in Advanced Physics" <exoticphysics@mail.softcafe.net>

Hi Nick,
Let me add to this that at the Parapsychological Association Convention in 2002 (Paris) Jan Dalkvist, Joakim Westerlund and I did already propose and discuss this theoretical alternative explanation for presentiment effects (it is mentioned in: http://archived.parapsych.org/pa_convention_2002_report.html).  I ran some simulations to explore the potential magnitude of the effect and found that for larger number of trials the effect of a 'strategy' became smaller and smaller. So, apart from the fact that the 'strategies' were not observed in the actual data as Dean Radin already mentioned the effect has also theoretical limits. Dick


On Oct 18, 2012, at 6:06 PM, nick herbert <quanta@cruzio.com> wrote:

Thanks for the clarification, Dean--

Is there a publication somewhere
where "expectation bias" is defined for this experiment
and the tests and results excluding it described?

Good question.

This would be an important publication
because as Robin illustrates
if people's emotions actually worked this way
the results could simulate presentiment without being due to precognition.

Right.


Expectation bias says that as the picture number n increases
the subject's anxiety about the next picture being disturbing naturally increases
so that when that picture actually occurs the physiological measures are unusually high.
After the stimulating picture, anxiety drops, only to slowly build up till the next stimulating picture.
The result of this kind of emotional behavior would lead to high physiological scores
on stimulating pictures without any sort of precognition.

Expectation bias predicts (for instance) not only high physiological scores on stimulating pictures N but also high scores on the neutral picture N -1 that immediately precedes the stimulating picture. I presume your tests for excluding expectation bias showed that scores on the N-1 picture were always close to chance.

Nick is on target - looking for loopholes just like in the debate over Bell's theorem.

When teaching kids at my wife's homeschool, I invented the world's simplest card game called "Pacific Octopus".
One card (usually the Ace of Spades) is designated as Pacific Octopus which is a giant, carnivorous monster whose habit is to suddenly appear in the room and devour the kid or adult that draws the one card in the deck that will summon him.

One only has to play a single game of Pacific Octopus to watch expectation bias in action. The emotion in the room slowly rises as each neutral card is pulled. Here I usually explain that there is little to worry about because there are so many cards that the odds of you being devoured are small. This statistical reassurance does little to stem the rising tide of anxiety. Finally the inevitable happens and someone is eaten by the insatiable sea creature. Then everyone relaxes and the day goes on.
For reasons of maximizing dramatic intensity, I never played Pacific Octopus a second time with the same group.
Experience with this simplest of all card games convinced me that expectation bias was a real effect--that it could simulate precognition in the presentiment experiment and that for good science to be done it is important to securely close this loophole preferably for every experimental run.

I would be interested in papers which acknowledge the possibility of this particular kind of bias and show how its absence was measured.

Nick

Nick does have the knack for making difficult ideas easy to understand for the layman. :-)


On Oct 18, 2012, at 5:00 PM, Dean Radin wrote:

It is mentioned in the article as "expectation bias," which Dick and I (and others) have looked for in the actual data. None of us have found evidence in support of that hypothetical explanation.

best wishes,
Dean


On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 10:34 AM, nick herbert <quanta@cruzio.com> wrote:
I've looked over this paper meta-analyzing the "presentiment experiment" and am shocked that such a careful analysis completely ignores one very plausible explanation for this seeming retrocausal effect--namely Robin's anticipatory expectation informally expressed at http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=123256 but as far as I can tell never published. Radin claims to have excluded Robin's hypothesis for some of his experiments but I know of no formal replication of Radin's claim. Robin's Hypothesis is a  reasonable and entirely natural possible explanation for the presentiment effect and as such needs to be rigorously excluded before accepting presentiment as a fact.
The case for human presentiment is only as strong as the efforts made by its proponents to rigorously falsify it. The apparent failure to seriously test (or even consider--as in the MTU article)  Robin's anticipatory expectation hypothesis greatly diminishes my faith in presentiment as a real physical effect.

Nick Herbert
http://quantumtantra.blogspot.com


On Oct 18, 2012, at 1:44 AM, JACK SARFATTI wrote:


This is, in my opinion, more unequivocal statistics evidence for Antony Valentini's "signal nonlocality"  http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0203049 in strong violation of orthodox quantum theory's several no-entanglement signaling theorems in living matter. This backs up CIA-SRI precognitive remote viewing reports most notably published by Russell Targ. That is, the statistical predictions of orthodox quantum theory are violated in this data in which a non-random signal is detected from a future cause. The past effect and future cause are quantum entangled in time but we do not need a classical signal key to unlock the encrypted message from the future.


Begin forwarded message:

From: Dean Radin <dradin@noetic.org>
Subject: presentiment meta-analysis published
Date: October 18, 2012 1:31:10 AM GMT+01:00
To: JACK SARFATTI <sarfatti@pacbell.net>

http://www.frontiersin.org/Perception_Science/10.3389/fpsyg.2012.00390/full

Predictive physiological anticipation preceding seemingly unpredictable stimuli: a meta-analysis

Julia Mossbridge1*, Patrizio Tressoldi2 and Jessica Utts3
1Department of Psychology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
2Dipartimento di Psicologia Generale, Università di Padova, Padova, Italy
3Department of Statistics, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
This meta-analysis of 26 reports published between 1978 and 2010 tests an unusual hypothesis: for stimuli of two or more types that are presented in an order designed to be unpredictable and that produce different post-stimulus physiological activity, the direction of pre-stimulus physiological activity reflects the direction of post-stimulus physiological activity, resulting in an unexplained anticipatory effect. The reports we examined used one of two paradigms: (1) randomly ordered presentations of arousing vs. neutral stimuli, or (2) guessing tasks with feedback (correct vs. incorrect). Dependent variables included: electrodermal activity, heart rate, blood volume, pupil dilation, electroencephalographic activity, and blood oxygenation level dependent (BOLD) activity. To avoid including data hand-picked from multiple different analyses, no post hoc experiments were considered. The results reveal a significant overall effect with a small effect size [fixed effect: overall ES = 0.21, 95% CI = 0.15–0.27, z = 6.9, p < 2.7 × 10−12; random effects: overall (weighted) ES = 0.21, 95% CI = 0.13–0.29, z = 5.3, p < 5.7 × 10−8]. Higher quality experiments produced a quantitatively larger effect size and a greater level of significance than lower quality studies. The number of contrary unpublished reports that would be necessary to reduce the level of significance to chance (p > 0.05) was conservatively calculated to be 87 reports. We explore alternative explanations and examine the potential linkage between this unexplained anticipatory activity and other results demonstrating meaningful pre-stimulus activity preceding behaviorally relevant events. We conclude that to further examine this currently unexplained anticipatory activity, multiple replications arising from different laboratories using the same methods are necessary. The cause of this anticipatory activity, which undoubtedly lies within the realm of natural physical processes (as opposed to supernatural or paranormal ones), remains to be determined.

Wrong on last four words. The basic physics is understood.
Subquantum Information and Computation

Antony Valentini
(Submitted on 11 Mar 2002 (v1), last revised 12 Apr 2002 (this version, v2))
It is argued that immense physical resources - for nonlocal communication, espionage, and exponentially-fast computation - are hidden from us by quantum noise, and that this noise is not fundamental but merely a property of an equilibrium state in which the universe happens to be at the present time. It is suggested that 'non-quantum' or nonequilibrium matter might exist today in the form of relic particles from the early universe. We describe how such matter could be detected and put to practical use. Nonequilibrium matter could be used to send instantaneous signals, to violate the uncertainty principle, to distinguish non-orthogonal quantum states without disturbing them, to eavesdrop on quantum key distribution, and to outpace quantum computation (solving NP-complete problems in polynomial time).

Comments:    10 pages, Latex, no figures. To appear in 'Proceedings of the Second Winter Institute on Foundations of Quantum Theory and Quantum Optics: Quantum Information Processing', ed. R. Ghosh (Indian Academy of Science, Bangalore, 2002). Second version: shortened at editor's request; extra material on outpacing quantum computation (solving NP-complete problems in polynomial time)
Subjects:




best wishes,
Dean


__._,_.___
Reply via web post                           Reply to sender     Reply to group               Start a New Topic    Messages in this topic (1)
RECENT ACTIVITY:
Visit Your Group
These are the logs of the starship NCC-1701-280Z.  Its five-year mission to seek out new minds, new quantum realms.  To boldly explore physics where no physicist  has gone before (in physical, virtual, or quantum worlds)!

Starmind(tm) -- Your daily journal to the industry's brightest stars.  You get infinite knowledge only with Starmind:

All hits.  All Physics. All the time.  And now in parallel and diverging universes.  (Thus proving they don't exist as separate entities --But have we gotten to them yet or not?)

** Patronize any Yahoo! Group Sponsor at your own risk.

- - - - - - Message From Starfleet  - - - (Read below) - - - - - - - - - - -
To change any characteristic of your online membership access, visit via web:
http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/SarfattiScienceSeminars

Join in our ongoing discussions and theoretical science writings:
http://groups.yahoo.com/messages/SarfattiScienceSeminars

Dr. Sarfatti may be reached at his e-mail or using Internet site:
http://stardrive.org
http://www.1st-books.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To respond or comment directly to the group's archive, reply via e-mail:

SarfattiScienceSeminars@YahooGroups.com
Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use • Send us Feedback
.

__,_._,___

_______________________________________________
ExoticPhysics mailing list
ExoticPhysics@mail.softcafe.net
http://mail.softcafe.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/exoticphysics


On Oct 19, 2012, at 9:18 AM, Jack Sarfatti <sarfatti@pacbell.net> wrote:

Sent from my iPhone in London, Kensington Palace Gate area

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dick Bierman <d.j.bierman@icloud.com>
Date: October 19, 2012, 4:30:34 AM GMT+01:00
To: nick herbert <quanta@cruzio.com>
Cc: "SarfattiScienceSeminars@yahoogroups.com com" <SarfattiScienceSeminars@yahoogroups.com>, Dean Radin <dradin@noetic.org>, , Richard Shoup , Exotic Physics <exoticphysics@mail.softcafe.net>
Subject: Re: [ExoticPhysics] [Starfleet Command] Violation of orthodox quantum theory in the living brain: presentiment meta-analysis published
Reply-To: "Jack Sarfatti's Workshop in Advanced Physics" <exoticphysics@mail.softcafe.net>

Hi Nick,
Let me add to this that at the Parapsychological Association Convention in 2002 (Paris) Jan Dalkvist, Joakim Westerlund and I did already propose and discuss this theoretical alternative explanation for presentiment effects (it is mentioned in: http://archived.parapsych.org/pa_convention_2002_report.html ).  I ran some simulations to explore the potential magnitude of the effect and found that for larger number of trials the effect of a 'strategy' became smaller and smaller. So, apart from the fact that the 'strategies' were not observed in the actual data as Dean Radin already mentioned the effect has also theoretical limits. Dick


On Oct 18, 2012, at 6:06 PM, nick herbert <quanta@cruzio.com> wrote:

Thanks for the clarification, Dean--

Is there a publication somewhere where "expectation bias" is defined for this experiment
and the tests and results excluding it described?

Jack says: Good question.
Nick says: This would be an important publication because as Robin illustrates if people's emotions actually worked this way the results could simulate presentiment without being due to precognition.

Jack: Right.


Nick: Expectation bias says that as the picture number n increases the subject's anxiety about the next picture being disturbing naturally increases so that when that picture actually occurs the physiological measures are unusually high. After the stimulating picture, anxiety drops, only to slowly build up till the next stimulating picture. The result of this kind of emotional behavior would lead to high physiological scores on stimulating pictures without any sort of precognition.

Expectation bias predicts (for instance) not only high physiological scores on stimulating pictures N but also high scores on the neutral picture N -1 that immediately precedes the stimulating picture. I presume your tests for excluding expectation bias showed that scores on the N-1 picture were always close to chance.

Jack: Nick is on target - looking for loopholes just like in the debate over Bell's theorem.

Nick: When teaching kids at my wife's homeschool, I invented the world's simplest card game called "Pacific Octopus".

One card (usually the Ace of Spades) is designated as Pacific Octopus which is a giant, carnivorous monster  whose habit is to suddenly appear in the room and devour the kid or adult that draws the one card in the deck that will summon him.

One only has to play a single game of Pacific Octopus to watch expectation bias in action. The emotion in the room slowly  rises as each neutral card is pulled. Here I usually explain that there is little to worry about because there are so many cards  that the odds of you being devoured are small. This statistical reassurance does little to stem the rising tide of anxiety. Finally  the inevitable happens and someone is eaten by the insatiable sea creature. Then everyone relaxes and the day goes on. For reasons of maximizing dramatic intensity, I never played Pacific Octopus a second time with the same group.
Experience with this simplest of all card games convinced me that expectation bias was a real effect--that it could simulate precognition in the presentiment experiment and that for good science to be done it is important to securely close this loophole preferably for every experimental run.

I would be interested in papers which acknowledge the possibility of this particular kind of bias and show how its absence was measured.

Nick

Jack: Nick does have the knack for making difficult ideas easy to understand for the layman. :-)


On Oct 18, 2012, at 5:00 PM, Dean Radin wrote:

It is mentioned in the article as "expectation bias," which Dick and I (and others) have looked for in the actual data. None of us have found evidence in support of that hypothetical explanation.

best wishes,
Dean


On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 10:34 AM, nick herbert <quanta@cruzio.com> wrote:
I've looked over this paper meta-analyzing the "presentiment experiment" and am shocked that such a careful analysis completely ignores one very plausible explanation for this seeming retrocausal effect--namely Robin's anticipatory expectation informally expressed at http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=123256 but as far as I can tell never published. Radin claims to have excluded Robin's hypothesis for some of his experiments but I know of no formal replication of Radin's claim. Robin's Hypothesis is a  reasonable and entirely natural possible explanation for the presentiment effect and as such needs to be rigorously excluded before accepting presentiment as a fact.
The case for human presentiment is only as strong as the efforts made by its proponents to rigorously falsify it. The apparent failure to seriously test (or even consider--as in the MTU article)  Robin's anticipatory expectation hypothesis greatly diminishes my faith in presentiment as a real physical effect.

Nick Herbert
http://quantumtantra.blogspot.com


On Oct 18, 2012, at 1:44 AM, JACK SARFATTI wrote:


This is, in my opinion, more unequivocal statistics evidence for Antony Valentini's "signal nonlocality"  http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0203049 in strong violation of orthodox quantum theory's several no-entanglement signaling theorems in living matter. This backs up CIA-SRI precognitive remote viewing reports most notably published by Russell Targ. That is, the statistical predictions of orthodox quantum theory are violated in this data in which a non-random signal is detected from a future cause. The past effect and future cause are quantum entangled in time but we do not need a classical signal key to unlock the encrypted message from the future.


Begin forwarded message:

From: Dean Radin <dradin@noetic.org>
Subject: presentiment meta-analysis published
Date: October 18, 2012 1:31:10 AM GMT+01:00
To: JACK SARFATTI <sarfatti@pacbell.net>

http://www.frontiersin.org/Perception_Science/10.3389/fpsyg.2012.00390/full

Predictive physiological anticipation preceding seemingly unpredictable stimuli: a meta-analysis

Julia Mossbridge1*, Patrizio Tressoldi2 and Jessica Utts3
1Department of Psychology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
2Dipartimento di Psicologia Generale, Università di Padova, Padova, Italy
3Department of Statistics, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
This meta-analysis of 26 reports published between 1978 and 2010 tests an unusual hypothesis: for stimuli of two or more types that are presented in an order designed to be unpredictable and that produce different post-stimulus physiological activity, the direction of pre-stimulus physiological activity reflects the direction of post-stimulus physiological activity, resulting in an unexplained anticipatory effect. The reports we examined used one of two paradigms: (1) randomly ordered presentations of arousing vs. neutral stimuli, or (2) guessing tasks with feedback (correct vs. incorrect). Dependent variables included: electrodermal activity, heart rate, blood volume, pupil dilation, electroencephalographic activity, and blood oxygenation level dependent (BOLD) activity. To avoid including data hand-picked from multiple different analyses, no post hoc experiments were considered. The results reveal a significant overall effect with a small effect size [fixed effect: overall ES = 0.21, 95% CI = 0.15–0.27, z = 6.9, p < 2.7 × 10−12; random effects: overall (weighted) ES = 0.21, 95% CI = 0.13–0.29, z = 5.3, p < 5.7 × 10−8]. Higher quality experiments produced a quantitatively larger effect size and a greater level of significance than lower quality studies. The number of contrary unpublished reports that would be necessary to reduce the level of significance to chance (p > 0.05) was conservatively calculated to be 87 reports. We explore alternative explanations and examine the potential linkage between this unexplained anticipatory activity and other results demonstrating meaningful pre-stimulus activity preceding behaviorally relevant events. We conclude that to further examine this currently unexplained anticipatory activity, multiple replications arising from different laboratories using the same methods are necessary. The cause of this anticipatory activity, which undoubtedly lies within the realm of natural physical processes (as opposed to supernatural or paranormal ones), remains to be determined.

Wrong on last four words. The basic physics is understood.
Subquantum Information and Computation

Antony Valentini
(Submitted on 11 Mar 2002 (v1), last revised 12 Apr 2002 (this version, v2))
It is argued that immense physical resources - for nonlocal communication, espionage, and exponentially-fast computation - are hidden from us by quantum noise, and that this noise is not fundamental but merely a property of an equilibrium state in which the universe happens to be at the present time. It is suggested that 'non-quantum' or nonequilibrium matter might exist today in the form of relic particles from the early universe. We describe how such matter could be detected and put to practical use. Nonequilibrium matter could be used to send instantaneous signals, to violate the uncertainty principle, to distinguish non-orthogonal quantum states without disturbing them, to eavesdrop on quantum key distribution, and to outpace quantum computation (solving NP-complete problems in polynomial time).

Comments:    10 pages, Latex, no figures. To appear in 'Proceedings of the Second Winter Institute on Foundations of Quantum Theory and Quantum Optics: Quantum Information Processing', ed. R. Ghosh (Indian Academy of Science, Bangalore, 2002). Second version: shortened at editor's request; extra material on outpacing quantum computation (solving NP-complete problems in polynomial time)
Subjects:




best wishes,
Dean


__._,_.___
Reply via web post                           Reply to sender     Reply to group               Start a New Topic    Messages in this topic (1)
RECENT ACTIVITY:
Visit Your Group
These are the logs of the starship NCC-1701-280Z.  Its five-year mission to seek out new minds, new quantum realms.  To boldly explore physics where no physicist  has gone before (in physical, virtual, or quantum worlds)!

Starmind(tm) -- Your daily journal to the industry's brightest stars.  You get infinite knowledge only with Starmind:

All hits.  All Physics. All the time.  And now in parallel and diverging universes.  (Thus proving they don't exist as separate entities --But have we gotten to them yet or not?)

** Patronize any Yahoo! Group Sponsor at your own risk.

- - - - - - Message From Starfleet  - - - (Read below) - - - - - - - - - - -
To change any characteristic of your online membership access, visit via web:
http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/SarfattiScienceSeminars

Join in our ongoing discussions and theoretical science writings:
http://groups.yahoo.com/messages/SarfattiScienceSeminars

Dr. Sarfatti may be reached at his e-mail or using Internet site:
http://stardrive.org
http://www.1st-books.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To respond or comment directly to the group's archive, reply via e-mail:

SarfattiScienceSeminars@YahooGroups.com
Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use • Send us Feedback
.

__,_._,___

_______________________________________________
ExoticPhysics mailing list
ExoticPhysics@mail.softcafe.net
http://mail.softcafe.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/exoticphysics

It's easy to argue both sides with statistics. Remember the stats proving smoking was good for u from tobacco companies years ago. I wonder how Dean et-al will respond to Nick's challenge here? Remember Russ Targ's CIA SRI claims on precognitive remote viewing, e.g. Red Chinese nuke test 4 days in advance Of course that's not a good statistical sample.

I don't find Robin's hypothesis convincing, but I am not an expert in statistical design of psychological experiments with living subjects. Also there have been analogous objections to the drug tests and medical investigations that rely on statistics.


Sent from my iPhone in London, Mayfair near the American Embassy.

On Oct 18, 2012, at 6:34 PM, nick herbert <quanta@cruzio.com> wrote:

I've looked over this paper meta-analyzing the "presentiment experiment" and am shocked that such a careful analysis completely ignores one very plausible explanation
for this seeming retrocausal effect--namely Robin's anticipatory expectation informally expressed at http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=123256 but as far as I can tell
never published. Radin claims to have excluded Robin's hypothesis for some of his experiments but I know of no formal replication of Radin's claim. Robin's Hypothesis is a
reasonable and entirely natural possible explanation for the presentiment effect and as such needs to be rigorously excluded before accepting presentiment as a fact.

The case for human presentiment is only as strong as the efforts made by its proponents to rigorously falsify it. The apparent failure to seriously test (or even consider--as in the MTU article)  Robin's anticipatory expectation hypothesis greatly diminishes my faith in presentiment as a real physical effect.

Nick Herbert
http://quantumtantra.blogspot.com

Breaking news - scientific evidence for precognition.
Like · · Share
Jack Sarfatti This is, in my opinion, more unequivocal statistics evidence for Antony Valentini's "signal nonlocality" http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0203049 in strong violation of orthodox quantum theory's several no-entanglement signaling theorems in living matter. This backs up CIA-SRI precognitive remote viewing reports most notably published by Russell Targ. That is, the statistical predictions of orthodox quantum theory are violated in this data in which a non-random signal is detected from a future cause. The past effect and future cause are quantum entangled in time but we do not need a classical signal key to unlock the encrypted message from the future.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dean Radin <dradin@noetic.org>
Subject: presentiment meta-analysis published
Date: October 18, 2012 1:31:10 AM GMT+01:00
To: JACK SARFATTI <sarfatti@pacbell.net>

http://www.frontiersin.org/Perception_Science/10.3389/fpsyg.2012.00390/full

Predictive physiological anticipation preceding seemingly unpredictable stimuli: a meta-analysis

Julia Mossbridge1*, Patrizio Tressoldi2 and Jessica Utts3
1Department of Psychology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
2Dipartimento di Psicologia Generale, Università di Padova, Padova, Italy
3Department of Statistics, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
This meta-analysis of 26 reports published between 1978 and 2010 tests an unusual hypothesis: for stimuli of two or more types that are presented in an order designed to be unpredictable and that produce different post-stimulus physiological activity, the direction of pre-stimulus physiological activity reflects the direction of post-stimulus physiological activity, resulting in an unexplained anticipatory effect. The reports we examined used one of two paradigms: (1) randomly ordered presentations of arousing vs. neutral stimuli, or (2) guessing tasks with feedback (correct vs. incorrect). Dependent variables included: electrodermal activity, heart rate, blood volume, pupil dilation, electroencephalographic activity, and blood oxygenation level dependent (BOLD) activity. To avoid including data hand-picked from multiple different analyses, no post hoc experiments were considered. The results reveal a significant overall effect with a small effect size [fixed effect: overall ES = 0.21, 95% CI = 0.15–0.27, z = 6.9, p < 2.7 × 10−12; random effects: overall (weighted) ES = 0.21, 95% CI = 0.13–0.29, z = 5.3, p < 5.7 × 10−8]. Higher quality experiments produced a quantitatively larger effect size and a greater level of significance than lower quality studies. The number of contrary unpublished reports that would be necessary to reduce the level of significance to chance (p > 0.05) was conservatively calculated to be 87 reports. We explore alternative explanations and examine the potential linkage between this unexplained anticipatory activity and other results demonstrating meaningful pre-stimulus activity preceding behaviorally relevant events. We conclude that to further examine this currently unexplained anticipatory activity, multiple replications arising from different laboratories using the same methods are necessary. The cause of this anticipatory activity, which undoubtedly lies within the realm of natural physical processes (as opposed to supernatural or paranormal ones), remains to be determined.

Wrong on last four words. The basic physics is understood.
Subquantum Information and Computation
Antony Valentini
(Submitted on 11 Mar 2002 (v1), last revised 12 Apr 2002 (this version, v2))
It is argued that immense physical resources - for nonlocal communication, espionage, and exponentially-fast computation - are hidden from us by quantum noise, and that this noise is not fundamental but merely a property of an equilibrium state in which the universe happens to be at the present time. It is suggested that 'non-quantum' or nonequilibrium matter might exist today in the form of relic particles from the early universe. We describe how such matter could be detected and put to practical use. Nonequilibrium matter could be used to send instantaneous signals, to violate the uncertainty principle, to distinguish non-orthogonal quantum states without disturbing them, to eavesdrop on quantum key distribution, and to outpace quantum computation (solving NP-complete problems in polynomial time).

Comments: 10 pages, Latex, no figures. To appear in 'Proceedings of the Second Winter Institute on Foundations of Quantum Theory and Quantum Optics: Quantum Information Processing', ed. R. Ghosh (Indian Academy of Science, Bangalore, 2002). Second version: shortened at editor's request; extra material on outpacing quantum computation (solving NP-complete problems in polynomial time)

a few seconds ago

Talking on the signal nonlocality I.J. Good's GOD(D) Phone to P.K. Dick's VALIS (Puharich's SPECTRA) in our conscious cosmological computer simulated Destiny Matrix Virtual Universe? ;-)
Like · · Share
  • Jack Sarfatti "Extrapolations to the distant futurity of trends in the growth of high-performance computing (HPC) have led philosophers to question —in a logically compelling way— whether the universe that we currently inhabit is a numerical simulation performed by our distant descendants ... [1].therefore in principle there always remains the possibility for the simulated to discover the simulators."
  • Jack Sarfatti "The spectrum of the highest energy cosmic rays provides the most stringent constraint that we have found on the lattice spacing of a universe simulation"
  • Jack Sarfatti "The most striking feature of the scenario in which the lattice provides the cut off to the cosmic ray spectrum is that the angular distribution of the highest energy components would exhibit cubic symmetry in the rest frame of the lattice, deviating significantly from isotropy."
  • Jack Sarfatti "7 It has been recently pointed out that the domain-wall formulation of lattice fermions provides a mechanism by which the number of generations of fundamental particles is tied to the form of the dispersion relation [34]. Space-time would then be a topological insulator."
  • Jack Sarfatti "5 Hsu and Zee [30] have suggested that the CMB provides an opportunity for a potential creator/simulator of our universe to communicate with the created/simulated without further intervention in the evolution of the universe. If, in fact, it is determ...See More
  • Jack Sarfatti "For instance, it could be that the observed non-vanishing value of the cosmological constant is simply a rounding error resulting from the number zero being entered into a simulation program with insufficient precision."
  • Jack Sarfatti Constraints on the Universe as a Numerical Simulation
    Silas R. Beane,1, 2, Zohreh Davoudi,3, y and Martin J. Savage3,
    1Institute for Nuclear Theory, Box 351550, Seattle, WA 98195-1550, USA
    2Helmholtz-Institut für Strahlen- und Kernphysik (Theorie),
    ...See More