Text Size

Stardrive

Tag » entanglement signals

Remember the key physics relevant to all this, is right here:
Subquantum Information and Computation
Antony Valentini
(Submitted on 11 Mar 2002 (v1), last revised 12 Apr 2002 (this version, v2))
It is argued that immense physical resources - for nonlocal communication, espionage, and exponentially-fast computation - are hidden from us by quantum noise, and that this noise is not fundamental but merely a property of an equilibrium state in which the universe happens to be at the present time. It is suggested that 'non-quantum' or nonequilibrium matter might exist today in the form of relic particles from the early universe. We describe how such matter could be detected and put to practical use. Nonequilibrium matter could be used to send instantaneous signals, to violate the uncertainty principle, to distinguish non-orthogonal quantum states without disturbing them, to eavesdrop on quantum key distribution, and to outpace quantum computation (solving NP-complete problems in polynomial time).
Comments:    10 pages, Latex, no figures. To appear in 'Proceedings of the Second Winter Institute on Foundations of Quantum Theory and Quantum Optics: Quantum Information Processing', ed. R. Ghosh (Indian Academy of Science, Bangalore, 2002). Second version: shortened at editor's request; extra material on outpacing quantum computation (solving NP-complete problems in polynomial time)
Subjects:    Quantum Physics (quant-ph)
Journal reference:    Pramana - J. Phys. 59 (2002) 269-277
DOI:    10.1007/s12043-002-0117-1
Report number:    Imperial/TP/1-02/15
Cite as:    arXiv:quant-ph/0203049
     (or arXiv:quant-ph/0203049v2 for this version)


http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0203049

On Nov 12, 2012, at 4:21 PM, Russ Targ <russtarg@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Jack,
At the same time, Price assured us that Spiro Agnew would not replace him. Price said "Don't worry. Agnew will be gone first. "
I am sure Hal can confirm this. Cheers
Russ
Sent from Russell's iPhone

On Nov 12, 2012, at 3:20 PM, Jack Sarfatti <sarfatti@pacbell.net> wrote:



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brian Josephson <bdj10@cam.ac.uk>
Date: November 12, 2012, 2:49:25 PM PST
To: JACK SARFATTI <sarfatti@pacbell.net>
Cc: "Puthoff@aol.com Puthoff@aol.com" <puthoff@aol.com>, John Alexander <nonlethal2@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re Petraeus: “Psychic Spy” Data: Is There a White House Resignation in the Works? | ST...


On 12 Nov 2012, at 19:44, JACK SARFATTI wrote:

On Nov 12, 2012, at 11:31 AM, Puthoff@aol.com wrote:

Reminds me of a remote viewing by Pat Price during the Nixon years in our SRI program for the CIA in which he said that Nixon would not last out his second term due to an electronic device in the oval office.

Interestingly enough, remote viewer/astral traveller Alex Tanous made the reverse prediction at the Toronto PK conference in 1974, that Nixon would last out (this must have been about 2 months before his resignation).  He had however forseen the Apollo 13 difficulties.  He also claimed to remote view letters by Fermat re his last theorem, with some details about the logic (not similar to the actual proof).

On Nov 10, 2012, at 8:55 AM, John Alexander <nonlethal2@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hardly either since these things happen all the time and there are thousands of possible "affairs" to choose from.

I agree!  Did any psychic forsee the problems at the BBC?

Brian

------
Brian D. Josephson
Emeritus Professor of Physics, University of Cambridge
Director, Mind–Matter Unification Project
WWW: http://www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/~bdj10



Oh

On Nov 12, 2012, at 4:00 PM, d14947 <d14947@gmail.com> wrote:

I was right about the emails and the reason they were used.

Petraeus and Broadwell apparently used a trick, known to terrorists and teenagers alike, to conceal their email traffic, one of the law enforcement officials said.

Rather than transmitting emails to the other's inbox, they composed at least some messages and instead of transmitting them, left them in a draft folder or in an electronic "dropbox," the official said. Then the other person could log onto the same account and read the draft emails there. This avoids creating an email trail that is easier to trace.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM, JACK SARFATTI <sarfatti@pacbell.net> wrote:
Very interesting.
On Nov 12, 2012, at 11:31 AM, Puthoff@aol.com wrote:

Reminds me of a remote viewing by Pat Price during the Nixon years in our SRI program for the CIA in which he said that Nixon would not last out his second term due to an electronic device in the oval office.  Thinking of a health hazard, search for such did not turn up anything, and it was only after the fact that it could be identified in terms of the audio taping apparatus..
 
Hal Puthoff

http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0203049
 
In a message dated 11/12/2012 1:22:02 P.M. Central Standard Time, sarfatti@pacbell.net writes:

On Nov 12, 2012, at 11:10 AM, "Gary S. Bekkum" <garybekkum@yahoo.com> wrote:

I disagree. Very few 'affairs' rock entire executive administrations -- our data clearly identified OBAMA would be impacted by an "affair" "of the heart" involving someone who was a "military powers authority" as the result of a "whistleblower" resulting in Justice Department involvement -- where is the precedent for a similar public outing leading to investigative hearings?

In January 2010, our psychic intelligence provided basic information — apparently associated with a government-shaking resignation over an affair — that would involve the Obama administration. We reported on some of this intelligence in an article written for STARpod.org (published in March 2010):
The note also makes reference to “military powers authority”associated with “extraordinary measures” taken in response to an“affair” which was not further identified. A follow-on to the January 21 notes, dated January 31, 2010, again refers to “affair” and“Obama,” concerning Presidential Authority. The source of the above, according to the January 31 note, appears to be a“whistleblower” … An additional reference is made to “P^3″ which represents “players, plots, potentials,” concerning the “drama” which is expected to unfold. Several psychic spy notes have made reference to “affair” in the context of “heart,” in the context of the Justice Department concerning criminal activities and “witness protection.”
We assume in the context of current events that the “military powers authority” refers to Petraeus, who was a four-star general in the U.S. Army prior to becoming the Director of Central Intelligence at CIA. The “extraordinary measures” refer to the unusual situation of having a sitting Obama-appointed director resign over what is reportedly a personal affair, which had been revealed during an official FBI investigation on national security concerns. The above mentioned “presidential authority” refers to President Obama’s acceptance of Petraeus’ resignation request. The “whistleblower” may be a reference to a whistleblower who reportedly wanted to contact authorities in Congress over a “national security concern.”


Gary S Bekkum
STARstream Research
STARpod.org
STARpod.US
P.O. Box 1144
Maple Grove, MN 55311
VM (763) 439-0719

http://twitter.com/gary_s_bekkum

garybekkum@yahoo.com


From: JACK SARFATTI <sarfatti@pacbell.net>
To: John Alexander <nonlethal2@yahoo.com> Cc: Gary Bekkum <garybekkum@yahoo.com>; IFPA GROUP-EUROPE <ifpagroup@gmail.com> Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2012 5:19 PM
Subject: Re: “Psychic Spy” Data: Is There a White House Resignation in the Works? | STARpod US

right
On Nov 10, 2012, at 8:55 AM, John Alexander <nonlethal2@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hardly either since these things happen all the time and there are thousands of possible "affairs" to choose from.

From: JACK SARFATTI <sarfatti@pacbell.net>
To: Gary S Bekkum <garysbekkum@gmail.com> Cc:
Sent: Friday, November 9, 2012 6:27 PM
Subject: Re: “Psychic Spy” Data: Is There a White House Resignation in the Works? | STARpod US

OK, maybe a precognitive remote viewing hit or maybe luck? ;-)
A 21 Jan 2010 “psychic spy” note referenced “non-essential Federal shutdown” days before a snowstorm shut down the government in Washington. The same note also referenced an “unhappy circle” in the Obama White House over an “affair.”


On Nov 9, 2012, at 5:37 PM, Gary S Bekkum <garysbekkum@gmail.com> wrote:

http://www.starpod.us/2010/03/06/psychic-spy-data-is-there-a-white-house-resignation-in-the-works/#.UJ2vlYznaSw
Gary S. Bekkum
STARpod.US
STARstream Research

See accompanying Physics Viewpoint
Using a superconducting circuit, the Josephson mixer, we demonstrate the first experimental realization of spatially separated two-mode squeezed states of microwave light. Driven by a pump tone, a first Josephson mixer generates, out of quantum vacuum, a pair of entangled fields at different frequencies on separate transmission lines. A second mixer, driven by a π-phase shifted copy of the first pump tone, recombines and disentangles the two fields. The resulting output noise level is measured to be lower than for the vacuum state at the input of the second mixer, an unambiguous proof of entanglement. Moreover, the output noise level provides a direct, quantitative measure of entanglement, leading here to the demonstration of 6  Mebit·s-1 (mega entangled bits per second) generated by the first mixer.
© 2012 American Physical Society
URL:    http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevLett.109.183901
DOI:    10.1103/PhysRevLett.109.183901
PACS:    42.65.Lm, 03.67.-a, 84.40.Dc, 85.25.-j
*Corresponding author.
benjamin.huard@ens.fr

Can we adapt this technique to make for Alice & Bob spatially separated

|Alice, Bob> = (1/2)^1/2[|zAlice>|z'Bob> + |z"Alice>|z"'Bob>]

for distinguishable non-orthogonal over-complete macro-quantum coherent Glauber states |z> where the z's are complex numbers of wave amplitude and phase.

Therefore, the now violated Born rule is

P(z'Bob) = TraceAlice{|Alice,Bob><Bob,Alice| |z'Bob><Bobz'|} = (1/2)(1 + |<Alicez|z"Alice>|^2)

giving a non-local entanglement signal.

Of course one can force the ad-hoc normalization

|Alice, Bob> = (1/2(1 + |<Alicez|z"Alice>|^2))^1/2[|zAlice>|z'Bob> + |z"Alice>|z"'Bob>]

to get P(z'Bob) = 1/2

but this seems odd to my intuition since the normalization needed will depend on the future free will choice that Bob makes.
Such retro-causal delayed choice normalization of the entangled state is not part of orthodox quantum theory. The orthodox quantum pundits have a real dilemma here. ;-)


On Oct 19, 2012, at 9:18 AM, Jack Sarfatti <sarfatti@pacbell.net> wrote:

Sent from my iPhone in London, Kensington Palace Gate area

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dick Bierman <d.j.bierman@icloud.com>
Date: October 19, 2012, 4:30:34 AM GMT+01:00
To: nick herbert <quanta@cruzio.com>
Cc: "SarfattiScienceSeminars@yahoogroups.com com" <SarfattiScienceSeminars@yahoogroups.com>, Dean Radin <dradin@noetic.org>, , Richard Shoup , Exotic Physics <exoticphysics@mail.softcafe.net>
Subject: Re: [ExoticPhysics] [Starfleet Command] Violation of orthodox quantum theory in the living brain: presentiment meta-analysis published
Reply-To: "Jack Sarfatti's Workshop in Advanced Physics" <exoticphysics@mail.softcafe.net>

Hi Nick,
Let me add to this that at the Parapsychological Association Convention in 2002 (Paris) Jan Dalkvist, Joakim Westerlund and I did already propose and discuss this theoretical alternative explanation for presentiment effects (it is mentioned in: http://archived.parapsych.org/pa_convention_2002_report.html ).  I ran some simulations to explore the potential magnitude of the effect and found that for larger number of trials the effect of a 'strategy' became smaller and smaller. So, apart from the fact that the 'strategies' were not observed in the actual data as Dean Radin already mentioned the effect has also theoretical limits. Dick


On Oct 18, 2012, at 6:06 PM, nick herbert <quanta@cruzio.com> wrote:

Thanks for the clarification, Dean--

Is there a publication somewhere where "expectation bias" is defined for this experiment
and the tests and results excluding it described?

Jack says: Good question.
Nick says: This would be an important publication because as Robin illustrates if people's emotions actually worked this way the results could simulate presentiment without being due to precognition.

Jack: Right.


Nick: Expectation bias says that as the picture number n increases the subject's anxiety about the next picture being disturbing naturally increases so that when that picture actually occurs the physiological measures are unusually high. After the stimulating picture, anxiety drops, only to slowly build up till the next stimulating picture. The result of this kind of emotional behavior would lead to high physiological scores on stimulating pictures without any sort of precognition.

Expectation bias predicts (for instance) not only high physiological scores on stimulating pictures N but also high scores on the neutral picture N -1 that immediately precedes the stimulating picture. I presume your tests for excluding expectation bias showed that scores on the N-1 picture were always close to chance.

Jack: Nick is on target - looking for loopholes just like in the debate over Bell's theorem.

Nick: When teaching kids at my wife's homeschool, I invented the world's simplest card game called "Pacific Octopus".

One card (usually the Ace of Spades) is designated as Pacific Octopus which is a giant, carnivorous monster  whose habit is to suddenly appear in the room and devour the kid or adult that draws the one card in the deck that will summon him.

One only has to play a single game of Pacific Octopus to watch expectation bias in action. The emotion in the room slowly  rises as each neutral card is pulled. Here I usually explain that there is little to worry about because there are so many cards  that the odds of you being devoured are small. This statistical reassurance does little to stem the rising tide of anxiety. Finally  the inevitable happens and someone is eaten by the insatiable sea creature. Then everyone relaxes and the day goes on. For reasons of maximizing dramatic intensity, I never played Pacific Octopus a second time with the same group.
Experience with this simplest of all card games convinced me that expectation bias was a real effect--that it could simulate precognition in the presentiment experiment and that for good science to be done it is important to securely close this loophole preferably for every experimental run.

I would be interested in papers which acknowledge the possibility of this particular kind of bias and show how its absence was measured.

Nick

Jack: Nick does have the knack for making difficult ideas easy to understand for the layman. :-)


On Oct 18, 2012, at 5:00 PM, Dean Radin wrote:

It is mentioned in the article as "expectation bias," which Dick and I (and others) have looked for in the actual data. None of us have found evidence in support of that hypothetical explanation.

best wishes,
Dean


On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 10:34 AM, nick herbert <quanta@cruzio.com> wrote:
I've looked over this paper meta-analyzing the "presentiment experiment" and am shocked that such a careful analysis completely ignores one very plausible explanation for this seeming retrocausal effect--namely Robin's anticipatory expectation informally expressed at http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=123256 but as far as I can tell never published. Radin claims to have excluded Robin's hypothesis for some of his experiments but I know of no formal replication of Radin's claim. Robin's Hypothesis is a  reasonable and entirely natural possible explanation for the presentiment effect and as such needs to be rigorously excluded before accepting presentiment as a fact.
The case for human presentiment is only as strong as the efforts made by its proponents to rigorously falsify it. The apparent failure to seriously test (or even consider--as in the MTU article)  Robin's anticipatory expectation hypothesis greatly diminishes my faith in presentiment as a real physical effect.

Nick Herbert
http://quantumtantra.blogspot.com


On Oct 18, 2012, at 1:44 AM, JACK SARFATTI wrote:


This is, in my opinion, more unequivocal statistics evidence for Antony Valentini's "signal nonlocality"  http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0203049 in strong violation of orthodox quantum theory's several no-entanglement signaling theorems in living matter. This backs up CIA-SRI precognitive remote viewing reports most notably published by Russell Targ. That is, the statistical predictions of orthodox quantum theory are violated in this data in which a non-random signal is detected from a future cause. The past effect and future cause are quantum entangled in time but we do not need a classical signal key to unlock the encrypted message from the future.


Begin forwarded message:

From: Dean Radin <dradin@noetic.org>
Subject: presentiment meta-analysis published
Date: October 18, 2012 1:31:10 AM GMT+01:00
To: JACK SARFATTI <sarfatti@pacbell.net>

http://www.frontiersin.org/Perception_Science/10.3389/fpsyg.2012.00390/full

Predictive physiological anticipation preceding seemingly unpredictable stimuli: a meta-analysis

Julia Mossbridge1*, Patrizio Tressoldi2 and Jessica Utts3
1Department of Psychology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
2Dipartimento di Psicologia Generale, Università di Padova, Padova, Italy
3Department of Statistics, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
This meta-analysis of 26 reports published between 1978 and 2010 tests an unusual hypothesis: for stimuli of two or more types that are presented in an order designed to be unpredictable and that produce different post-stimulus physiological activity, the direction of pre-stimulus physiological activity reflects the direction of post-stimulus physiological activity, resulting in an unexplained anticipatory effect. The reports we examined used one of two paradigms: (1) randomly ordered presentations of arousing vs. neutral stimuli, or (2) guessing tasks with feedback (correct vs. incorrect). Dependent variables included: electrodermal activity, heart rate, blood volume, pupil dilation, electroencephalographic activity, and blood oxygenation level dependent (BOLD) activity. To avoid including data hand-picked from multiple different analyses, no post hoc experiments were considered. The results reveal a significant overall effect with a small effect size [fixed effect: overall ES = 0.21, 95% CI = 0.15–0.27, z = 6.9, p < 2.7 × 10−12; random effects: overall (weighted) ES = 0.21, 95% CI = 0.13–0.29, z = 5.3, p < 5.7 × 10−8]. Higher quality experiments produced a quantitatively larger effect size and a greater level of significance than lower quality studies. The number of contrary unpublished reports that would be necessary to reduce the level of significance to chance (p > 0.05) was conservatively calculated to be 87 reports. We explore alternative explanations and examine the potential linkage between this unexplained anticipatory activity and other results demonstrating meaningful pre-stimulus activity preceding behaviorally relevant events. We conclude that to further examine this currently unexplained anticipatory activity, multiple replications arising from different laboratories using the same methods are necessary. The cause of this anticipatory activity, which undoubtedly lies within the realm of natural physical processes (as opposed to supernatural or paranormal ones), remains to be determined.

Wrong on last four words. The basic physics is understood.
Subquantum Information and Computation

Antony Valentini
(Submitted on 11 Mar 2002 (v1), last revised 12 Apr 2002 (this version, v2))
It is argued that immense physical resources - for nonlocal communication, espionage, and exponentially-fast computation - are hidden from us by quantum noise, and that this noise is not fundamental but merely a property of an equilibrium state in which the universe happens to be at the present time. It is suggested that 'non-quantum' or nonequilibrium matter might exist today in the form of relic particles from the early universe. We describe how such matter could be detected and put to practical use. Nonequilibrium matter could be used to send instantaneous signals, to violate the uncertainty principle, to distinguish non-orthogonal quantum states without disturbing them, to eavesdrop on quantum key distribution, and to outpace quantum computation (solving NP-complete problems in polynomial time).

Comments:    10 pages, Latex, no figures. To appear in 'Proceedings of the Second Winter Institute on Foundations of Quantum Theory and Quantum Optics: Quantum Information Processing', ed. R. Ghosh (Indian Academy of Science, Bangalore, 2002). Second version: shortened at editor's request; extra material on outpacing quantum computation (solving NP-complete problems in polynomial time)
Subjects:




best wishes,
Dean


__._,_.___
Reply via web post                           Reply to sender     Reply to group               Start a New Topic    Messages in this topic (1)
RECENT ACTIVITY:
Visit Your Group
These are the logs of the starship NCC-1701-280Z.  Its five-year mission to seek out new minds, new quantum realms.  To boldly explore physics where no physicist  has gone before (in physical, virtual, or quantum worlds)!

Starmind(tm) -- Your daily journal to the industry's brightest stars.  You get infinite knowledge only with Starmind:

All hits.  All Physics. All the time.  And now in parallel and diverging universes.  (Thus proving they don't exist as separate entities --But have we gotten to them yet or not?)

** Patronize any Yahoo! Group Sponsor at your own risk.

- - - - - - Message From Starfleet  - - - (Read below) - - - - - - - - - - -
To change any characteristic of your online membership access, visit via web:
http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/SarfattiScienceSeminars

Join in our ongoing discussions and theoretical science writings:
http://groups.yahoo.com/messages/SarfattiScienceSeminars

Dr. Sarfatti may be reached at his e-mail or using Internet site:
http://stardrive.org
http://www.1st-books.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To respond or comment directly to the group's archive, reply via e-mail:

SarfattiScienceSeminars@YahooGroups.com
Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use • Send us Feedback
.

__,_._,___

_______________________________________________
ExoticPhysics mailing list
ExoticPhysics@mail.softcafe.net
http://mail.softcafe.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/exoticphysics

Antigray sent me this:

Neuroscience Researcher and Laurentian University professor, Dr. Michael Persinger, demonstrates telepathy under laboratory conditions.

Claims of telepathy, ESP and other psi phenomena are a mainstay of popular culture but taboo in neuroscience research circles. Fortunately, Dr. Michael Persinger of Canada's Laurentian University has never been afraid to venture where other researchers fear to go. In the 1980&#8242;s Persinger made headlines with his "God Helmet", a device that stimulates temporal lobes with a weak magnetic field in order to produce religious states.

Now, Persinger has discovered the same type of brain stimulation can create metal states conducive to human telepathy. "What we have found is that if you place two different people at a distance and put a circular magnetic field around both, and you make sure they are connected to the same computer so they get the same stimulation, then if you flash a light in one person's eye the person in the other room receiving just the magnetic field will show changes in their brain as if they saw the flash of light. We think that's tremendous because it may be the first macro demonstration of a quantum connection, or so-called quantum entanglement. If true, then there's another way of potential communication that may have physical applications, for example, in space travel."

....

Listen to the interview at:
http://www.skeptiko.com/michael-pers...lepathic-link/

Download the interview at:
http://www.skeptiko.com/upload/skept...-Persinger.mp3

Here is another article about Persinger's discovery and lecture video:

http://www.dailygrail.com/Mind-Myste...rets-Telepathy

Michael Persinger: 'No More Secrets' with Telepathy

...
ALSO
<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
DNA Found to Have "Impossible" Telepathic Properties

Dna47_3_2 DNA has been found to have a bizarre ability to put itself together, even at a distance, when according to known science it shouldn't be able to. Explanation: None, at least not yet.

Scientists are reporting evidence that contrary to our current beliefs about what is possible, intact double-stranded DNA has the "amazing" ability to recognize similarities in other DNA strands from a distance. Somehow they are able to identify one another, and the tiny bits of genetic material tend to congregate with similar DNA. The recognition of similar sequences in DNA's chemical subunits, occurs in a way unrecognized by science. There is no known reason why the DNA is able to combine the way it does, and from a current theoretical standpoint this feat should be chemically impossible.

Even so, the research published in ACS' Journal of Physical Chemistry B, shows very clearly that homology recognition between sequences of several hundred nucleotides occurs without physical contact or presence of proteins. Double helixes of DNA can recognize matching molecules from a distance and then gather together, all seemingly without help from any other molecules or chemical signals.

...

Yes, the dispute now is mainly over what the facts are for living minds.
That the no-signaling theorems even apply to entangled Glauber coherent states in orthodox quantum theory is debatable quite apart from Antony Valentini's formal extension of Bohm's ontological interpretation to sub-quantal non-equlibrium of the hidden variables. Remember the hidden variables are the classical spin 1 boson gauge field configurations moved by the super-quantum potential and the spin 1/2 fermion particles moved by the ordinary quantum potential (at least in the Galilean limit v/c << 1).

On Aug 11, 2012, at 5:55 PM, Russell Targ <radiant@pacbell.net> wrote:


You're on the right side of this one Jack.
The evidence is overwhelming that remote viewing, and psychic perception in general in non-local in space and time.
Describing near-term future events is exactly as easy, or difficult as describing contemporaneous hidden events.
Cheers,
Russ

On 8/11/2012 12:48 PM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:
However the no signaling theorem is wrong
It's too limited
The facts of life falsify it
In my opinion
Eg Radin, Bierman, Bem, Puthoff &Targ et al


Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 11, 2012, at 11:47 AM, art wagner <wagnerart@hotmail.com> wrote:

OPI - "A stronger form of bipartite quantum nonlocality emerges in this scenario: systems that never interacted are as nonlocal as allowed by no-signaling." http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/1208.1965
 
Subject: Re: Back From The Future in Physics World
From: sarfatti@pacbell.net
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 20:05:03 -0700
To: exoticphysics@mail.softcafe.net

"It sounds impossible, indeed as though it is violating one of science's most cherished principles – causality – but the researchers say                     that the rules of the quantum world conspire to preserve causality by "hiding" the influence of future choices until those choices have actually been made."

The latest Aharonov paper on back from the future weak measurements in relation to final strong measurements has the Catch 22 that precognition is not possible. However, that contradicts experiments so his theory must not be complete. Aharonov assumes signal locality and that is what observations challenge.

t sounds impossible, indeed as though it is violating one of science's most cherished principles – causality – but the researchers say that the rules of the quantum world conspire to preserve causality by "hiding" the influence of future choices until those choices have actually been made.

On Aug 9, 2012, at 9:18 PM, JACK SARFATTI <sarfatti@pacbell.net> wrote:

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2012/aug/03/can-the-future-affect-the-past



Scholarly articles for feeling the future Bem
Feeling the future: Experimental evidence for … - Bem - Cited by 83
… analyze their data: the case of psi: comment on Bem ( … - Wagenmakers - Cited by 45
A Bayes factor meta-analysis of Bem's ESP claim - Rouder - Cited by 18
Search Results
Feeling The Future: Is Precognition Possible? | Wired Science ...
www.wired.com/.../2010/.../feeling-the-future-is-precognition-possibl...
Nov 15, 2010 – But that's exactly what Daryl Bem of Cornell University has demonstrated in his new paper, “Feeling the Future: Experimental Evidence for ...
Daryl Bem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_Bem
Jump to "Feeling the Future" and the resulting controversy‎: In 2011, Bem published the article "Feeling the Future: Experimental Evidence for ...
[PDF] Feeling the Future: Experimental Evidence for Anomalous - Daryl Bem
dbem.ws/FeelingFuture.pdf
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
Feeling the Future: Experimental Evidence for. Anomalous Retroactive Influences on Cognition and Affect. Daryl J. Bem. Cornell University. The term psi denotes ...
You've visited this page 5 times. Last visit: 2/5/12
Daryl Bem's Home Page
dbem.ws/
Feb 24, 2011 – Most Recent Articles: Bem, D. J. (2011). Feeling the Future: Experimental evidence for anomalous retroactive influences on cognition and affect ...
You've visited this page 5 times. Last visit: 2/23/12
Abstracts of Recent Articles
dbem.ws/online_pubs.html
Bem, D. J. (2011). Feeling the Future: Experimental evidence for anomalous retroactive influences on cognition and affect. Journal of Personality and Social ...
Entangled Minds: Wiseman - Bem exchange on "Feeling the Future"
deanradin.blogspot.com/.../wiseman-bem-exchange-on-feeling-futur...
Nov 22, 2010 – Skeptical psychologist Richard Wiseman posted a critique of DarylBem's article, "Feeling the Future," which I've mentioned before on this blog.
Can we feel the future through psi? Don't rule it out | Ed Halliwell ...
www.guardian.co.uk › Comment is free › Cif belief
Jan 25, 2011 – Feeling The Future, written by Daryl Bem, an emeritus professor of Cornell University, reports the results of nine experiments with more than ...
Daryl J. Bem - Feeling the Future (J. Personality & Social Psych ...
forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=191806
3 posts - 2 authors - Nov 13, 2010
Daryl J. Bem - Feeling the Future (J. Personality & Social Psych) Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology.
Feeling the Future: has science proved that we're psychic about ...
blogs.telegraph.co.uk › Culture › Tom Chivers

by Tom Chivers - More by Tom Chivers
Jan 6, 2011 – The Journal of Personality and Social Psychology is to publish “Feeling the Future”, an article by Daryl J Bem of Cornell University. It claims to ...
Feeling the Future: Experimental Evidence for Anomalous ...
rationalwiki.org/.../Feeling_the_Future:_Experimental_Evidence_for...
Mar 15, 2012 – Feeling the Future: Experimental Evidence for Anomalous ... In Bem'sresearch, this is turned on its head' students were asked to recall words ...
Searches related to feeling the future Bem
wiseman bem
daryl bem
1    2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
Next

__._,_.___
Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic
Messages in this topic (2)
RECENT ACTIVITY:
Visit Your Group
These are the logs of the starship NCC-1701-280Z.  Its five-year mission to seek out new minds, new quantum realms.  To boldly explore physics where no physicist  has gone before (in physical, virtual, or quantum worlds)!

Starmind(tm) -- Your daily journal to the industry's brightest stars.  You get infinite knowledge only with Starmind:

All hits.  All Physics. All the time.  And now in parallel and diverging universes.  (Thus proving they don't exist as separate entities --But have we gotten to them yet or not?)

** Patronize any Yahoo! Group Sponsor at your own risk.

- - - - - - Message From Starfleet  - - - (Read below) - - - - - - - - - - -
To change any characteristic of your online membership access, visit via web:
http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/SarfattiScienceSeminars

Join in our ongoing discussions and theoretical science writings:
http://groups.yahoo.com/messages/SarfattiScienceSeminars

Dr. Sarfatti may be reached at his e-mail or using Internet site:
http://stardrive.org
http://www.1st-books.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To respond or comment directly to the group's archive, reply via e-mail:

SarfattiScienceSeminars@YahooGroups.com
Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use
.
 
__,_._,___

From: JACK SARFATTI <Sarfatti@PacBell.net>
Subject: [Starfleet Command] Re: physics world
Date: August 2, 2012 2:23:04 PM PDT
To: Exotic Physics <exoticphysics@mail.softcafe.net>
Reply-To: SarfattiScienceSeminars@yahoogroups.com

On Aug 2, 2012, at 1:16 PM, Brian Josephson <bdj10@cam.ac.uk> wrote:

One of these people looks a bit familiar :-)

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/print/2012/aug/02/esp-and-lsd-on-the-cias-dime


Brian

------
Brian D. Josephson
Emeritus Professor of Physics, University of Cambridge
Director, Mind–Matter Unification Project
WWW: http://www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/~bdj10
Tel. +44(0)1223 337260/337254

thanks Brian :-)

However, we may have yet the last laugh regarding entanglement nonlocal signaling

Subquantum Information and Computation
Antony Valentini
(Submitted on 11 Mar 2002 (v1), last revised 12 Apr 2002 (this version, v2))
It is argued that immense physical resources - for nonlocal communication, espionage, and exponentially-fast computation - are hidden from us by quantum noise, and that this noise is not fundamental but merely a property of an equilibrium state in which the universe happens to be at the present time. It is suggested that 'non-quantum' or nonequilibrium matter might exist today in the form of relic particles from the early universe. We describe how such matter could be detected and put to practical use. Nonequilibrium matter could be used to send instantaneous signals, to violate the uncertainty principle, to distinguish non-orthogonal quantum states without disturbing them, to eavesdrop on quantum key distribution, and to outpace quantum computation (solving NP-complete problems in polynomial time).


Comments:    10 pages, Latex, no figures. To appear in 'Proceedings of the Second Winter Institute on Foundations of Quantum Theory and Quantum Optics: Quantum Information Processing', ed. R. Ghosh (Indian Academy of Science, Bangalore, 2002). Second version: shortened at editor's request; extra material on outpacing quantum computation (solving NP-complete problems in polynomial time)
Subjects:    Quantum Physics (quant-ph)
Journal reference:    Pramana - J. Phys. 59 (2002) 269-277
DOI:    10.1007/s12043-002-0117-1
Report number:    Imperial/TP/1-02/15
Cite as:    arXiv:quant-ph/0203049v2

Even the Second Law of Thermodynamics is on the edge of The Abyss.

http://www.scientificexploration.org/talks/29th_annual/29th_annual_sheehan_experimental_challenges_second_law_thermodynamics.html
[PDF] Experimental Challenges to the Second Law of Thermodynamics
www.boundaryinstitute.org/bi/PotBP10/Sheehan-slides_web.pdf
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
(c) 2009 Paradigm Energy Research Corporation. Experimental Challenges to the.Second Law of Thermodynamics. Daniel P. Sheehan. Physics, University of ...

Saviours of physics? (fair use excerpts from Physics World)

The period Kaiser describes was certainly a momentous one for US physics. ...
In 1975 two graduate students at the Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory, Elizabeth Rauscher and George Weissman, founded the Fundamental Fysiks Group (FFG) as a society for investigating such problems. Other main members of the group included Jack Sarfatti and Fred Alan Wolf, who had both resigned from posts at San Diego State College after the Reagan cuts. They were joined by Saul-Paul Sirag, whom Kaiser describes as "a bearded, wild-haired apostle of the hip group", and Nick Herbert, who once attended a job interview with an electronics manufacturer "looking like an insane hippy" – prompting the manager to insist he be screened by a San Francisco psychologist before he could be appointed. ...

In the 2010s Clauser's work may gain him a Nobel prize. In the 1970s it rendered him unemployable in academia. Selectors felt that his work did not constitute proper physics, and for much of his career he has produced his often cutting-edge research first in institutes such as the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, and later as a scientific entrepreneur, performing important work on medical imaging. ...


In his book, Kaiser, a science historian at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, asks why this work has disappeared from history. The answer is fairly clear. Bell's work was straight physics: he showed that the quantum theory of entangled pairs of photons or electrons contradicts local realism. Many members of the FFG, in contrast, were more interested in extending the concept of non-locality to include the possibility of clairvoyance, extrasensory perception and psychokinesis. To this end, they lent their support to the spoon-bending antics of the magician Uri Geller and became fervent advocates of Eastern religions. Similarly, while the Nobel laureate Eugene Wigner had suggested that consciousness collapsed wave-functions at a measurement, FFG members extended such study to include transcendental meditation, mysticism, séances and Tarot cards. And of course, everything was washed down with lashings of LSD.


Kaiser shows that for many FFG members, renunciation of conformity did not result in continuous poverty. True, Sirag worked as a night watchman for a lengthy period, and Herbert had spells as a dishwasher and on public assistance. But they also obtained grants totalling $20m from the CIA, which was convinced that the Soviets were ahead in the crucial fields of mind reading and mind control. In addition, the group basked in the attention of several fascinated and deep-pocketed millionaires and celebrities. ...


Kaiser does describe some positives about the FFG. For example, Herbert wrote excellent and very well-known books on physics and human consciousness, while his proof of Bell's theorem is perhaps the simplest and clearest yet found, although he left a gap in logic to be filled in by others. And even some of their incorrect results had value: Herbert's proofs of faster-than-light communication, clever as they were, were shown to be incorrect by the production of the no-cloning theorem, which they violated. This theorem is now at the heart of quantum cryptography....


Andrew Whitaker is a physicist at Queen's University Belfast. His latest book is The New Quantum Age

Thanks Art Wagner - also related article on optomechanics in latest Physics Today
Proposal to demonstrate the non-locality of Bohmian mechanics with entangled
photons
Boris Braverman1, 2 and Christoph Simon2
1Department of Physics, MIT-Harvard Center for Ultracold Atoms, and Research Laboratory of Electronics,
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
2Institute for Quantum Information Science and Department of Physics and Astronomy,
University of Calgary, Calgary T2N 1N4, Alberta, Canada
Bohmian mechanics reproduces all statistical predictions of quantum mechanics, which ensures that entanglement cannot be used for superluminal signaling. However, individual Bohmian particles can experience superluminal influences. We propose to illustrate this point using a double double slit setup with path-entangled photons. The Bohmian velocity field for one of the photons can be measured using a recently demonstrated weak-measurement technique. The found velocities strongly depend on the value of a phase shift that is applied to the other photon, potentially at spacelike separation.


Nonlocal Interferometry Using Macroscopic Coherent States and Weak Nonlinearities

B. T. Kirby, J. D. Franson
(Submitted on 23 Jul 2012)
A straightforward method for performing nonlocal interferometry using macroscopic coherent states is described. The required entanglement can be generated using weak nonlinearities while Bell's inequality can be violated using single photons as a probe. A large number of photons can be absorbed with only a small reduction in the visibility of the nonlocal interference, which may be of practical use in quantum communications in addition to being of fundamental interest.
Comments:    4 pages, 5 figures
Subjects:    Quantum Physics (quant-ph)
Cite as:    arXiv:1207.5487v1 [quant-ph]
Submission history
From: James Franson [view email] [v1] Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:12:18 GMT (238kb)
On Jul 28, 2012, at 1:41 PM, art wagner <wagnerart@hotmail.com> wrote:

http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/1207.5487
 
Keith wrote:

Jack's idea is interesting b/c he's using standard quantum theory and exploring a corner case--distinguishable but non-orthogonal states which have interesting properties. Using the standard formalism, you find a modulation term that seems to be under the control of Alice, the sender. I get slightly different results depending on the specifics of how the signaling scheme is defined, but I so see a modulation term. The coherent states are subtle and so there could still be errors in what I've done, but there does seem to be something going on to me.

Jack Sarfatti • Yes, Keith, that is correct. You can force the effect to vanish by adhoc normalization, but that is a contradiction in the formalism. If the Born probability rule applies using normalized density operators and measurement projection operators should not require an adhoc second normalization. Since the coherent states are eigenstates of a non-Hermitian operator the usual conditions for the Born probability may not apply. This is an empirical question since forcing the second normalization is circular reasoning assuming what must be tested for by experiment. It's the orthogonality of base eigenstates of Hermitian operators that is assumed for the Born probability axiom to work.

21 minutes ago

 
Jack Sarfatti • Keith, relevant to this is P.W. Anderson's "phase rigidity" of spontaneous broken symmetry order parameters. The Glauber coherent states are such order parameters for a spontaneous broken global U1 gauge group corresponding to number-phase complementarity. The Glauber states have been generalized to any Lie Group G not just U1. It's this phase rigidity that is the cause of the violation of the Born probability rule in my opinion. However, one may also need a topological obstruction of some kind to get the phase rigidity. In superfluids it's the quantized vortices from the nonlinear term in the Landau-Ginzburg equation that replaces the Schrodinger eq (effective c-number IR field theory) that are the obstructions.

1 second ago


z,z',w,w' are complex number eigenvalues of Glauber coherent states
 
|Alice> = |z>A|1>A + |z'>A|0>A    trapped ion
 
|Bob> = |w>B|+>B + |w'>B|->B    trapped ion
 
Entanglement swap the internal trapped ion discrete qubit states, leaving the Glauber coherent states fixed.
 
|Alice>, |Bob> ----> |Alice'>, |Bob'>
 
|Alice'> = |z>A|+>B + |z'>A|->B
 
|Bob'> = |w>B|1>A + |w'>B|0>A
 
Now, two entanglement signal nonlocality is possible between Alice and Bob. 


On Jul 9, 2012, at 6:46 PM, JACK SARFATTI wrote:

Ask Russell Targ
Actually such loss should not happen because in addition to Landau-Ginzburg spontaneous breakdown of ground state symmetries in the brain (e.g. Vitiello & Freeman) there must be 2D membrane-based topological barriers making the entanglement really robust against thermal fluctuations for even the single living brain to function as a coherent conscious entity - in my opinion.

July 2006, Physics Today

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topological_quantum_computer
John Preskill (Caltech), Topological quantum computing for beginners
online.kitp.ucsb.edu/online/exotic_c04/preskill/
Jun 7, 2004 – I will describe the principles of fault-tolerant quantum computing, and explain why topological approaches to fault tolerance seem especially ...
[PDF] Topological quantum computation - Microsoft Station Q - University ...
stationq.cnsi.ucsb.edu/~freedman/Publications/96.pdf
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
by SD Sarma - Cited by 54 - Related articles
tion in classical digital computers. For quantum computa- tion, however, an alternative strategy, topological quantum computation, does not try to make the ...
Topological quantum computing moves closer - physicsworld.com
physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/48853
Mar 5, 2012 – Error correction demonstrated for first time in the lab.
Non-Abelian Anyons and Topological Quantum Computation
arxiv.org › cond-mat
by C Nayak - 2007 - Cited by 793 - Related articles
Jul 12, 2007 – Abstract: Topological quantum computation has recently emerged as one of the most exciting approaches to constructing a fault-tolerant ...
Topological Quantum Computation
arxiv.org › quant-ph
by MH Freedman - 2001 - Cited by 285 - Related articles
Jan 4, 2001 – Abstract: The theory of quantum computation can be constructed from the abstract study of anyonic systems. In mathematical terms, these are ...
Chip for topological quantum computer designed | KurzweilAI
www.kurzweilai.net/chip-for-topological-quantum-computer-designed
Oct 5, 2011 – Rice University physicists have developed a new method for making aquantum spin Hall topological insulator, a chip for future quantum ...
[PDF] Topological Quantum Computing
www.iqis.org/events/csqic05/talks/alexis.pdf
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
Aug 12, 2005 – Standard Quantum Computation Model. • Qubits are encoded into a superposition of orthogonal states of a two level system: |ψ〉 = α|0〉 + β|1〉.
[PDF] Topological Quantum Information Theory
www.math.uic.edu/~kauffman/Quanta.pdf
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
by LH Kauffman - Cited by 1 - Related articles
Jones polynomials, Witten–Reshetikhin–Turaev invariants of three manifolds,topological quantum field theory and quantum computing. In quantum computing...
Focus on Topological Quantum Computation - IOPscience
iopscience.iop.org/.../ ...
Topological quantum computation is precisely such a new and different approach . It employs many-body physical systems with the unique property of encoding ...


On Jul 9, 2012, at 6:29 PM, Gary S Bekkum wrote:

Hi Jack,

I'm wondering if anyone in the quantum information field has looked into quantum statistical signal loss over distance ... I wonder if your entangled brains idea could be shown to obey a signal loss measure caused by cumulative environmental decoherence effects related to distance between brains?


Gary S. Bekkum
STARpod.org
STARstream Research
VM (763) 439-0719
On Jul 9, 2012 7:29 PM, "JACK SARFATTI" <sarfatti@pacbell.net> wrote:


On Jul 9, 2012, at 2:09 PM, Jonathan Post wrote:


en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retrocausality
33 minutes ago · Like

* It is now well established that quantum nonlocality really does
“connect” the separated parts of the same quantum mechanical system
(c.f. Freedman-Clauser, Aspect, etc.)

* There are several “No-Signal Theorems” in the literature (c.f. P.
Eberhard, A. Shimony, …) showing that quantum nonlocal signaling is
impossible, e.g., a change on one measurement has no observable effect
on the other, in the absence of coincidence links.

* However, Peacock and Hepburn have argued that these “proofs” are
tautological and that certain key assumptions (e.g., measurements are
local) are inconsistent with the quantum formalism (e.g.,
Bose-Einstein symmetrization).

Therefore, the question of nonlocal signaling remains “open” (at least
a crack) and should be tested.

There is ample evidence now for nonlocal signaling in the mind culminating in Daryl Bem’s data

(Libet, Puthoff& Targ SRI, Radin, Bierman, ... Bem)

[PDF] Feeling the Future: Experimental Evidence for Anomalous - Daryl Bem
dbem.ws/FeelingFuture.pdf
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
Feeling the Future: Experimental Evidence for. Anomalous Retroactive Influences on Cognition and Affect. Daryl J. Bem. Cornell University. The term psi denotes ...
You've visited this page 5 times. Last visit: 2/5/12
Daryl Bem's Home Page
dbem.ws/
Feb 24, 2011 – DARYL J. BEM. Professor ... Feeling the Future: Experimental evidence for anomalous retroactive influences on cognition and affect. Journal of ...
You've visited this page 5 times. Last visit: 2/23/12
Daryl Bem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_Bem
Jump to "Feeling the Future" and the resulting controversy‎: In 2011, Bem published the article "Feeling the Future: Experimental Evidence for ...
Feeling The Future: Is Precognition Possible? | Wired Science ...
www.wired.com/.../2010/.../feeling-the-future-is-precognition-possibl...
Nov 15, 2010 – But that's exactly what Daryl Bem of Cornell University has demonstrated in his new paper, “Feeling the Future: Experimental Evidence for ...
You've visited this page 2 times. Last visit: 12/22/10
On Daryl Bem's Feeling the Future Paper
arxiv.org › stat
by A Raman - 2011 - Related articles
Title: On Daryl Bem's Feeling the Future Paper. Authors: Akhila Raman. ( Submitted on 5 Jul 2011). Abstract: It has been argued by Daryl Bem in his 2011 paper ...
Can we feel the future through psi? Don't rule it out | Ed Halliwell ...
www.guardian.co.uk › Comment is free › Cif belief
Jan 25, 2011 – Feeling The Future, written by Daryl Bem, an emeritus professor of Cornell University, reports the results of nine experiments with more than ...
Notes from Two Scientific Psychologists: Brief Note: Daryl Bem and ...
psychsciencenotes.blogspot.com/.../brief-note-daryl-bem-and-precog...
Nov 18, 2010 – Feeling the future: Experimental evidence for anomalous retroactive ....addressing this kind of nonsense research that Daryl Bem is doing.
Daryl Bem: Feeling the Future
www.worldtalkradio.com/worldtalkradio/vepisode.aspx?aid=53998
Daryl Bem,Future,margery runyan,world talk radio,internet talk radio,twin talk.
The Case for ESP -- New York Magazine
nymag.com/news/features/bem-esp-2011-3/
Feb 27, 2011 – Maybe so, if you believe the research of Daryl Bem. According to “Feeling the Future,” a peer-reviewed paper the APA's Journal of Personality ...
Study Shows Some Evidence Of Human Precognitive Powers ...
www.popsci.com/.../precognition-research-shows-human-mind-can-p...
Nov 8, 2010 – A research paper titled Feeling the Future from Cornell Professor Daryl Bem shows some statistically significant results coming from a series of ...

  1. Jack became friends with Eli Atanas.
    Jack liked Trinity House.
  2. NICOLAS GISIN* AND ROB THEW
    Group of Applied Physics, University of Geneva, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland.
    Quantum communication is the art of transferring a quantum state from one place to another. Traditionally, the sender is named Alice and the receiver Bob. The basic motivation is that quantum states code quantum information — called qubits in the case of two-dimensional Hilbert spaces — and that quantum information allows tasks to be performed that could only be achieved far less efficiently, if at all, using classical information. The best known example is quantum key distribution (QKD)1–3. In fact, there is another motivation, at least equally important to most physicists, namely the close connection
    between quantum communication and quantum non-locality 4,5, as illustrated by the fascinating process of quantum teleportation 6.
     ...
    The basic procedure is as follows. Alice encodes the state she wants to communicate into a quantum system and sends it to Bob.
    Entanglement is exploited to prepare the desired quantum state at a distance. The quantum state is then teleported from Alice to Bob
    and the entanglement is also teleported — entanglement swapping ... "The correlations P(a,b|x,y) carry a lot of structure. Apart
    from being non-negative and normalized, the local marginals are independent of the
    experiment performed by independent observers: ΣaP(a,b|x,y) = P(b|y), is independent
    of the experiment x performed by Alice."
     
    It is this last statement that is violated using the distinguishable non-orthogonal
    Alice coherent Glauber sender states.
      • Jack Sarfatti If Alice uses over-complete conjugate Glauber coherent states |z) and |z*) where z = ^1/2exp[i@] and Bob uses a simple 2D qubit with base states |1) & |0) & if we can make the entangled state
      •  ‎|z)|1) + |z*)|0) then the signal strength for Bob to see |1) output is
      • Bob(1) ~ 1 + |(z|z*)|^2
      • the nonlocal entanglement signal message is encoded in the time dependence (modulation) of (z|z*) =/= 0
      • Note that if Alice's sender states are orthogonal there is no entanglement signal. Glauber coherent states are distinguishably non-orthogonal and can be modulated in time to encode a message that is locally decodable without a classical signal key as in the quantum teleportation protocol. This casts doubt on the no-entanglement signal arguments. See David Kaiser's June 2012 Scientific American article on Nick Herbert's FLASH.